my chameleons tongue ??

Cavin

ok so ifed her a super worm, she chewed it and was barely chewing when i put the other one 4 in. away from her on the screen. She walked over to it and repeatedly stuck it out and in until she was close enough for the tongue to get the super worm?

What specific supplements do you use and how often for each? What do you specifically use to gutload/feed the insects? What UVB light do you use and does the light from it pass through glass or plastic? How old is the chameleon?
What are your basking temperatures?

this is happening to my chameleon too. He could only stick it out 2 or 3 inches from his mouth. (this only started today.) and after repeatedly not being able to strike far, he appeared to "puke" his tongue out. He hunched his back, and stuck his tongue fully out, while making a terrible wheezing noise. it sounded as if air was escaping. he then tried again to get the silkworm, and he could only stick it out 2 or 3 inches. He had to go over and eat the worm with his mouth. Once in his mouth, Lego (my jackson's chameleon) stuck his tonge out about two inches with a hunched back. Am i worried? YES! I am going to post a new forum, but i just wanted to let you know my experience.

please understand that i am not tying to harsh out on you, i am only trying to get you to realize the importance of knowing the needs of your animal. you made earlier reference to all of the research you have done (in another thread), i am not saying that you have not done that research , but the info given indicates that that you have not grasped it. it is not enough to just quickly read something and call it research. if you wish to keep your animal healthy long term you will need to actually learn (and study) its care requirements, rather than just hoping everything is ok, waiting until there is a problem and then trying to fix it. sorry, just calling it like i see it. jmo

Back
Top Bottom