My chameleon

ajw1500

So i have a female cham who’s around 5 inches without the tail. i bought her around a month ago and she was perfect, bright beautiful green colors, and eating. she has now turned brown and dull colors. also very moody and she is digging in the substrate. what do i do!!?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 69
So i have a female cham who’s around 5 inches without the tail. i bought her around a month ago and she was perfect, bright beautiful green colors, and eating. she has now turned brown and dull colors. also very moody and she is digging in the substrate. what do i do!!?
Maybe too hot?

You should always have a lay bin available to her.
Also it is too hot for her. She needs to be at 80 degrees, not higher than like 81.

How old is she? Are you sure she is female? Will you take pics of her? Specifically of her back sides and the back of her back feet. I'm looking for spurs on the feet, which males have and females don't, and for egg development. Sometimes you can see the round eggs in the back sides of her, right before her back legs.

I am not 100% that you have a female... Looks like a tarsal spur on that first pic...

But enclosure is way to small. Too hot. Dripper should be dripping from the top of the cage. So the enclosure needs some changes. I can not see your lighting for UVB so hopefully that is correct. But depending on bulb strength I am concerned about the distance to the branches and if the cham is getting the UVB it needs.

I would fill out the help form. And please post closer pics of your cham and the entire cage lighting all the way to the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom