My Chameleon will only drink water from spray bottle.

Adlon

My Chameleon will only drink water from a spray bottle. Is that normal? When he is thirsty, he goes to a particular vine and waits for me to open the cage. When I point the spray nozzle towards his closed mouth, he opens his mouth and I spray water into it. Then he walks away. Has any one had this experience? He is healthy, loves meals worms and crickets. He is a Blue-bar Panther, predominately colored red.

funniest/coolest thing I heard of all day lol. I do think you will get tired tho I would purchase a misting system and eventually hopefully he will drink from it.

Heh. This is great.

I rarely ever see Mr. Puff drink and I'm always concerned for his hydration. Though he wouldn't have made it this far if he wasn't drinking secretly and his doos have a nice flat white colored urate.

I tried to use a spray bottle several times and he acts like it's acid.

This actually is not a good thing. Most typically it means a chameleon is desperate to drink because normal hydration methods are not being done.

I wouldn't advise spraying water into his mouth. You might get water into his lungs if he gets too much in the mouth at once. Try dripping water on the end of his nose slowly instead.

Heh. This is great.

I rarely ever see Mr. Puff drink and I'm always concerned for his hydration. Though he wouldn't have made it this far if he wasn't drinking secretly and his doos have a nice flat white colored urate.

I tried to use a spray bottle several times and he acts like it's acid.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I never see mine drink but he's very healthy and has good urate. I sometimes see him slowly stick his tongue to a branch and I spray water on it thinking he's thirsty, but he turns around quickly.

It's my understanding that chameleons get some of their water needs met by their food and also by air humidity.

Back
Top Bottom