My chameleon not eating crickets?

julianfremaint

I've never seen this before. Basically my 8 month old panther cham eats crickets on sight. But just 3 days ago I tried feeding him super worms for this first time and since then he disregards all crickets. I've never seen them walking around his cage like that. He usually eats them right away. Now they would sit near his head all day long. But when I put a super worm in the cage he eats it right away. What should I do? Why is this happening?

lol is it called Superworm Syndrome!! Not really but many of us have experienced the same thing! Once they get a taste of supers, they seem to not want crickets anymore. I think it must be like steak and hamburger or something! It is not going to hurt your chameleon to not eat for a few days so I would just keep offering crickets and no supers. Eventually, he should give in to the crickets. They turn into spoiled little brats and know most of us will cave in and give them supers because we want them to eat SOMETHING! I would suggest gutloading your supers just like you do your crickets. They will eat all fresh fruits and vegetables, so when you do feed them off they will be more nutritional for your chameleon.

lol is it called Superworm Syndrome!! Not really but many of us have experienced the same thing! Once they get a taste of supers, they seem to not want crickets anymore. I think it must be like steak and hamburger or something! It is not going to hurt your chameleon to not eat for a few days so I would just keep offering crickets and no supers. Eventually, he should give in to the crickets. They turn into spoiled little brats and know most of us will cave in and give them supers because we want them to eat SOMETHING! I would suggest gutloading your supers just like you do your crickets. They will eat all fresh fruits and vegetables, so when you do feed them off they will be more nutritional for your chameleon.

Thanks! This really helps! And btw boomer is absolutely stunning.

same problem

I tryed supers for the first time this week and hes been refusing everything since im just putting a couple of locusts in a day... (his mane feeder) they are slowly disappearing but not while im watching lol

Back
Top Bottom