My chameleon may need to lay eggs?

Yeah so as soon as she comes up water and food for her. Leave everything in place to ensure she is done before you disturb her to remove the eggs. She was very very large. But I would make the lay bin a permanent fixture in her cage. Then she will be used to it being there as well.
I was thinking that myself...so do I need to clean the dirt from her or can she do that?

I was thinking that myself...so do I need to clean the dirt from her or can she do that?
Give her a nice misting and she should do that on her own. :)

If you would like to go over her feeding schedule and temps both of these are directly linked to her clutch size. also making sure her supplementation is correct. Let me know and I will give you the details of what my friend does for her females. :)

Give her a nice misting and she should do that on her own. :)

If you would like to go over her feeding schedule and temps both of these are directly linked to her clutch size. also making sure her supplementation is correct. Let me know and I will give you the details of what my friend does for her females. :)
Any info on food would be greatly appreciated both my chams are normally good eats but both have slow down, the calcium I use is repti calcium without D3 And the zoo med reptivite

Any info on food would be greatly appreciated both my chams are normally good eats but both have slow down, the calcium I use is repti calcium without D3 And the zoo med reptivite
Is your reptivite with D3?

You would give calcium without D3 at every feeding except two times a month you would give the reptivite with D3. If your reptivite does not have D3 then you need to either buy the one that does have it or get calcium with D3 to give two times a month. Easier if you get the reptivite with D3 if you do not have it though. This one would be given 1 day every other week say on a saturday. If you choose to get a calcium with D3 then that would be rotated week to week at one feeding with the reptivite no D3.
This is good for Males and females. Veiled or Panther.

She should be fed 3 days a week with 3-4 feeders. You will not want basking to be over 79-80 for her. Very important for females because she needs this temp no higher at basking to help control the amount of eggs she produces combined with the reduced feeding recommendation.

Is your reptivite with D3?

You would give calcium without D3 at every feeding except two times a month you would give the reptivite with D3. If your reptivite does not have D3 then you need to either buy the one that does have it or get calcium with D3 to give two times a month. Easier if you get the reptivite with D3 if you do not have it though. This one would be given 1 day every other week say on a saturday. If you choose to get a calcium with D3 then that would be rotated week to week at one feeding with the reptivite no D3.
This is good for Males and females. Veiled or Panther.

She should be fed 3 days a week with 3-4 feeders. You will not want basking to be over 79-80 for her. Very important for females because she needs this temp no higher at basking to help control the amount of eggs she produces combined with the reduced feeding recommendation.
Awesome thank you for that, but yes reptivite is with d3

She seems to be doing just fine now, she’s still burying her eggs. Do u also know how often that she will lay eggs?
I will tag in my friend. It was her info for the diet and heat that I gave you. I know the book info on them but not the hands on lol.

@Kristen Wilkins I gave him the 3 feedings a week of 3-4 feeders and temps 79-80 for his girl. Can you tell him how often she will lay once she is on this and how long it will take. She was quite large in the pics. She is finishing covering her eggs now.

Glad she was able to lay them...I was worried. That's quite a few though.
I would water and feed her well for a couple of days and then put her on the diet of about 3 or 4 insects three times a week to cut the clutch size down (or out) and keep the basking temperatures in the low 80's F to help her be less hungry. It's important to start the diet after only a couple of days of feeding her well to stop her from producing too many follicles which will become eggs.

I will tag in my friend. It was her info for the diet and heat that I gave you. I know the book info on them but not the hands on lol.

@Kristen Wilkins I gave him the 3 feedings a week of 3-4 feeders and temps 79-80 for his girl. Can you tell him how often she will lay once she is on this and how long it will take. She was quite large in the pics. She is finishing covering her eggs now.
She will have a few rounds closer together with bigger clutches likely . The hope is once a year or less , With a clutch under 20 . My girls don’t lay or they do every year and a 1/2 with under 20 eggs .

Back
Top Bottom