My Chameleon Just Fell Help Plzz!!!!

leela

I Was Just Misting My Chameleon When She Curled In A Ball And Hissed With Her Mouth Open She Fell Only About 7 Inches, But She Tried To Climb Her Wall But Shes Dragging Her Back Legs. Whats Happened??????????

I Was Just Misting My Chameleon When She Curled In A Ball And Hissed With Her Mouth Open She Fell Only About 7 Inches, But She Tried To Climb Her Wall But Shes Dragging Her Back Legs. Whats Happened??????????

7" is not much of a height for danger,
Chams are known to ball up and play dead, Hopefully she is still playing possum.
I say keep watshing her from a distance to see if she calms down or
you can then decide if something is wrong..
Good luck, Keep us posted..

Get her to a vet ASAP... Sounds bad if she is not using her legs. I have never seen a CHam drag their back legs

yeah she is still quite dark in colour and her back legs arent dangling in a broken way but they are both slightly bent (obviously at the knee cap). i will tell u when something happens, thank you for putting my mind slightly at rest

yeah she is still quite dark in colour and her back legs arent dangling in a broken way but they are both slightly bent (obviously at the knee cap). i will tell u when something happens, thank you for putting my mind slightly at rest

Your mind shouldn't be at rest, you have a problem. It is not normal to drag legs around, and you need to look into a vet trip if this continues throughout the day.

I personally would let her rest for a minute, and then try to coax her into climbing something and see if there is a problem with the use of her legs... When you said she was dragging them behind her when she was trying climb:eek: That would scare the crap out of me. Like New Yrk said 7' is not a lot... I have seen my chams fall from worse... But it is not so much the fall as how they land. Maybe I am wrong but I have never heard of a cham playing possom.

i think what i'm gonna do is like you said wait a minute. i can't coax her to do anything, she will attack me!

i have just gentley touched one of her back legs and she gripped with it, she she also moved her ankle on the other leg, OMG im going out of my mind here!!

Wait a little bit... But if you don't see her moving within the hour you really should see if she is just being lazy or if she will move if she has too. What kind of supplemetaion are you using on her crix... Sounds like you may have a case MBD on your hands, and if that is the case injury from the fall is more likely, and would explain why she couldn't hang on in the first place. Do you have pics? Can you give us all the info on your cham and enclosure so that we can try to address why this might happen. Be careful with her becue if she does have some kind of injury from the fall, pushing her may make it worse... You should just put a glove on and gently reach in towards her, dont try to pick her up but just nudge her a little and let her bite if she wants... Once she realizes she wont win the fight, she should try to move away from your hand on her own. But keep a carefull eye on her because if she is injured she may try to climb and fall again making it worse. I would put some towels in there on the bottom for her in case she falls again.

i have just taken her to the vets, they have kept her over night and are going to do x-rays. they either think she has broken her leg (which is fixable), a calcium deficiancy where she is taking the calcium, for growing, out of her bones, or a broken back which is very unlikely because she can move her tail. if it is a broken leg due to a calcium defect then that is bad news. i miss her i hope she will be ok. she tried to bite the vet, she sure puts up a good fight hehe.:D

i have just taken her to the vets, they have kept her over night and are going to do x-rays. they either think she has broken her leg (which is fixable), a calcium deficiancy where she is taking the calcium, for growing, out of her bones, or a broken back which is very unlikely because she can move her tail. if it is a broken leg due to a calcium defect then that is bad news. i miss her i hope she will be ok. she tried to bite the vet, she sure puts up a good fight hehe.:D

oh, hope everything works out well for you both.

you did the right thing, thank you

Back
Top Bottom