My Chameleon Just Fell Help Plzz!!!!

i dont really know, but when i bought her it sed Yemens chameleon, is that what it means????

Yemen could be considered a locale... The more common name for the Yemen Chameleon in the states is Veiled Chameleon.

My Cham fell about 5 ft onto hardwood floors. He got right back up and started walking/running away to explore. Chams are very strong when it comes to falls...

yea but it depends on the way they fall and hit , if they fall and hit a knee cap or to much presure on a joint and it pops out or you break something , 7 iches isnt that far up but its high enough to cause damage as we have seen here

YEA, i dropped my 4mo chamy(well she pretty much jumped) from about 5 ft, bounced off of a chair and hit pavement, i was freakin, but she was ok a few minutes later after walkin it off, tough guys.

well they first said they were gonna do x-rays and stuff which was gonna cost £108!! i have since spoke to the vet and he said there is no point in x-rays. she is in critcal care till monday and having a series of cacium injections. i spoke to the vet today and she has eaten, he said she is doing well. that made me feel better after when i first saw him he said the outlook doesnt look good. its so wierd, it feels like i keep forgeting to feed her but shes not there. i hope she will be ok.

When you can, get her to a vet if her condition doesn't improve. I've had this happen to a water dragon before. He fell just right ~7-9 inches and jambed his spine and was paralyzed from his rear hips down.
The vet gave me steroid injections to decrease swelling to see if that would reduce any pressure on the nerve cords, but no luck.... I hope things are better for you, keep us updated.:(

just spoke to the vet again and guess what........ shes gonna be ok woohoo!!!!!!!!! he said she is doing well and i can pick her up 2moro thanks so very much for all your help and concern. you are all wounderfull!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great! I am glad it had a happy ending.

When I first purchased my male veiled and I was putting him in his cage he lunged from my hand and fell about 3 feet onto concrete. He took off with his back legs but his front legs weren't doing anything. He was basically sliding on his chin. I was freaking out too and put him in the cage and luckily he regained use of his legs after a few minutes.

My male veiled just jumped off my hand and fell about 5 feet and landed on his head and it didnt seem to phase him at all. Glad to hear your chameleon is alright!

wow that was incredible to think mine has jumped out of my hands twice now and never got hurt and to see yours falling from 7 inches and having his legs go numb thats scary. so what did the vet do to make him better?

thank you all, well i have to put her in the cage with nothing to climb on apart from her log led flat and a string of leaves to pull herself along. she is still dragging them but shes bringing them up by herself. as you know she is a female veiled, not the friendliest of critters, so i have to pick her up under her arms and turn her on her back resting in my hand, by this time her mouth is wide open and tring to savage me, i then have to gently squeeze one of her back 'fingers' until she grips. then i have to flex her leg out then in. doing that with both legs for about 10 minutes every day. the vet said it may take about 6 to 8 weeks. the vet had also said that putting her out in dierct sunlight in her plastic carry case for 45 minutes a day for a bit will do her good. she has made so much progress, and she is still her same grumpy old self. woohoo leela is back!! ....... for the record, its one of those questions that people um and arr about on here, 'can you spray the actual chameleon?' the vet said it is best not to xx

Back
Top Bottom