My chameleon fell

MalalaLl

My chameleon just fell as off 5 minutes of her cage I thought she died she is a 2 year old veild chameleon I picked her up and put her under a 75 degree water she started showing her aggressiveness by opening her mouth very wide and hissing we kept her body under the water and she regained her color and slowly her strength what do I do what’s wrong with her I went to the vet 2 weeks ago and they told us she has 22 eggs we put her dirt at the bottom and she hasn’t laid them did she accidentally fall ? She hasn’t ate cause of her eggs
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hello and welcome! Below is a form, please copy it and fill out the answers for us while I get some knowledgeable peeps over here to help you. @Beman @kinyonga @MissSkittles

How long has she been showing her receptive colors?

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with, and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long do you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high-traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem -

You said…”My chameleon just fell as off 5 minutes of her cage I thought she died. she is a 2 year old veild chameleon I picked her up and put her under a 75 degree water she started showing her aggressiveness by opening her mouth very wide and hissing we kept her body under the water and she regained her color and slowly her strength”…the water might have been too warm for her. How far did she fall? Did she hit anything on the way down? You said she was showing aggressiveness…but it might have been her trying to catch her breath and reacting to the water.

You said…”what do I do what’s wrong with her”…I’m not a vet and can only guess.

You said…” I went to the vet 2 weeks ago and they told us she has 22 eggs“…im shocked that the vet could count them. Eggs always ”hide” inside the chameleon and it’s almost impossible to get an accurate count.

Has she had eggs before? If so, how many? Laid them properly in a hole she dug and filled the hole in and tamped it down? Laid all the eggs at once?

You said…”we put her dirt at the bottom and she hasn’t laid them”…has she done any digging? What kind of dirt? I would recommend washed playsand. Was it moist enough to dig a tunnel in it? How deep was the soil?

You said…” did she accidentally fall ?“…no way to know.

You said…”She hasn’t ate cause of her eggs”…maybe.

Back
Top Bottom