My chameleon is my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
good point, got brought up and I guess I went on a tangent lol my b, but yea, with some guidance and a lot of new information hopefully she will change, I am not here to bash anyone for their practices but not here to support wrong doing I want to just help and make sure that cham has a fighting chance, then I will know I have done my part in our little chamily
You go for it hun. I would rather spend my time helping people that I believe really want to be amazing keepers.

It's not a miracle to get a chameleon to climb on you. I've seen it plenty of times and have had chameleons like that. Doesn't mean they are bonded to one person/people. Anyway, I really don't care about whether or not people think their chameleons love them and whatever. I think they can like our presence because we feed them, but anyone could replace us and they wouldn't care given that person fed them too. My main issue is that this kind of talk condones behavior like this. I'm sure you're good to your cham, but this person is torturing their animal with the same thinking, that their cham loves them.
my point here is that I'm not supporting her but not bashing her too. as much as you don't care about her "sob story" I do because I personally have experienced many of these feelings and more and I know it isn't related to chams but I do really want to help others who struggle with issues like these because they remind me of me. I don't want to come off as rude to you because I know you're also a great person but I want to give this cham a fighting chance and help guide the OP to understand what she is doing wrong.

Wait hold up just noticed you had him just sitting on the top of a treadmill?
What if he fell? OMG
I mean he’s adorable and I get that Cham obsession is a thing but you have to be his friend back and Petco can’t help you. Matter of fact all those nyc Petcos are the worst.
Look that one up. Don’t get your facts there.
Also don’t take what you hear here the wrong way we live for our chameleons but the people here want you to help yours to not die.
So here’s what to do: really research now. Make your baby feel like he is in the right habitat 24/7.
Then invite people over to meet him and see the awesome setup.

my point here is that I'm not supporting her but not bashing her too. as much as you don't care about her "sob story" I do because I personally have experienced many of these feelings and more and I know it isn't related to chams but I do really want to help others who struggle with issues like these because they remind me of me. I don't want to come off as rude to you because I know you're also a great person but I want to give this cham a fighting chance and help guide the OP to understand what she is doing wrong.

And I don't mean to be rude to you either. I know you're good to your animals, just gotta voice my opinion at times.

Definitely a troll guys stop posting

As a H.S. teacher I’ve learned that sometimes what seems like trolling is just the bitter reality that people have taken the wrong information or no information at all, packed their bags with it and ran. Often their hearts are in the right place... Sometimes when people see your reaction and feel embarrassed they will play their misunderstandings off as trolling- but they may feel uncomfortable asking for help. Thus, it is best to still firmly put the right information out there with an understanding heart.
I mean if I woke up from a coma today and looked at the news I’d swear it was trolling too. But so often people aren’t trolling. Sometimes it’s just taken people too long to ask the most important questions.

You are going to learn a quick lesson, the payment will be your chameleon's life. I don't think you even keep animals before. Seriously leaving a half opened can in there? I hope this is trolling.

Have y'all noticed that by this point she has totally quit responding? Bickering in this thread isn't going to help anything. I understand everyone in this thread wants the best for that cham but attacking this girl won't help. I was super naive too, and many people on this thread helped me without making me feel attacked. If we calmly give her advice, like you all have done for many people, I'm sure she'd be much more appreciative and would listen to your points.

My 10 year old and 13 year olds were telling me how frustrated they are at the OP! I forbid them to get involved! They are too upset and will have a very hard time to stay nice and objective! Words I overheard were things like "stupid, retarded, mean, hate, can't believe, do your research, I am so sad for the poor chameleon...." see why I told them to stay out!

My 10 year old and 13 year olds were telling me how frustrated they are at the OP! I forbid them to get involved! They are too upset and will have a very hard time to stay nice and objective! Words I overheard were things like "stupid, retarded, mean, hate, can't believe, do your research, I am so sad for the poor chameleon...." see why I told them to stay out!
It was very shocking to see all this. This could of been a time everyone came together to help out! Many people (including me) did not have all the knowledge needed to take care of a cham, I came to this website looking for guidance and you guys were extremely helpful! Lets extend the same kindness and knowledge to this girl!

Have y'all noticed that by this point she has totally quit responding? Bickering in this thread isn't going to help anything. I understand everyone in this thread wants the best for that cham but attacking this girl won't help. I was super naive too, and many people on this thread helped me without making me feel attacked. If we calmly give her advice, like you all have done for many people, I'm sure she'd be much more appreciative and would listen to your points.
There was a member that reached out to her privately to try to offer advice and she shot that member down as well.... she thinks this is the correct way of treating her Cham and sees no reason for change. As you have seen we jump and bark when there is a reason. I am normally the last to react... but this was not a situation where any of us would have been able to change her mind... all this type of behavior does is put it out there that a Cham should be treated like a dog therefore causing Chams to be killed by their owners. This is not what any of us want represented in this hobby.

She is really not wanting the help! A lot of people are trying! I really feel that she is loving all the negative attention! Read all her responses carefully and see if you agree! No advice will be taken seriously! I feel 100% convinced! In the end she will blame everyone else for the death of her chameleon! Believe me, that time is eminent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom