My chameleon is my best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very shocking to see all this. This could of been a time everyone came together to help out! Many people (including me) did not have all the knowledge needed to take care of a cham, I came to this website looking for guidance and you guys were extremely helpful! Lets extend the same kindness and knowledge to this girl!
You came here looking for guidance which we freely gave... Our time became your time. Out knowledge became your knowledge. We do this for people that are wanting to actually learn. Not for people that are killing their chams and have no desire to make any changes.

It was very shocking to see all this. This could of been a time everyone came together to help out! Many people (including me) did not have all the knowledge needed to take care of a cham, I came to this website looking for guidance and you guys were extremely helpful! Lets extend the same kindness and knowledge to this girl!

I'm sorry, but this is a perfect example of putting the cart before the horse. You cannot take on the responsibility of a live creature and then later do your research expecting a positive outcome! These pet stores should be ashamed of themselves! Selling these poor helpless little animals to people who clearly need a companion but know nothing about taking on an exotic pet. I can completely empathize with her need for companionship but this is not the animal for the job. Many members on here are and have been attempting to help, but this person is clearly in denial and not appearing as eager to learn about proper care and husbandry. In fact, not once has she asked but rather argued with every bit of advice offered. Very sad!

My 10 year old and 13 year olds were telling me how frustrated they are at the OP! I forbid them to get involved! They are too upset and will have a very hard time to stay nice and objective! Words I overheard were things like "stupid, retarded, mean, hate, can't believe, do your research, I am so sad for the poor chameleon...." see why I told them to stay out!
It is very sad to me that your boys had to see something like this. It is sad to me that any of us had to see this...

My boys are being raised to think for themselves and to think outside the box! They are raised never to take anything for granted and to take everything with a grain of salt! They are raised in a gruesome world without filters to protect them! Everywhere we go there are things that are out of whack, inappropriate, stupid and crass! If they want to survive this world they have to be able to adapt and sift through the garbage and focus on the good, the pure and the marvelous! My boys are of one mind with all of you who are frustrated! None of your frustrations offended them! They are proud of all of you standing up for the rights of a little tree angel that can not defend himself! My children's mom and dad is right by their side to help them cope and find balance! I want them to grow up as advocates for the weak, oppressed and abused! This was good practice!

My boys are being raised to think for themselves and to think outside the box! They are raised never to take anything for granted and to take everything with a grain of salt! They are raised in a gruesome world without filters to protect them! Everywhere we go there are things that are out of whack, inappropriate, stupid and crass! If they want to survive this world they have to be able to adapt and sift through the garbage and focus on the good, the pure and the marvelous! My boys are of one mind with all of you who are frustrated! None of your frustrations offended them! They are proud of all of you standing up for the rights of a little tree angel that can not defend himself! My children's mom and dad is right by their side to help them cope and find balance! I want them to grow up as advocates for the weak, oppressed and abused! This was good practice!

I saw the instagram account. That person is a sicko. Nobody needed to have second guessed. I don’t think any of the understanding that was afforded was merited. I know I’m super late on everything, but I was wrong. It’s torture.
I’m not perfect. My Cham husbandry is improving but I’m still trying to get everything right. But just wow.

I just want to add if your suffering from mental health problems plz reach out to someone you trust and get the help you need. Mental health should never be taken lightly. there are lots of hot lines you can call if you see lonely and helpless. Life is precious don’t take it for granted. You have to love yourself b4 giving love to others, like these beautiful creatures

my point here is that I'm not supporting her but not bashing her too. as much as you don't care about her "sob story" I do because I personally have experienced many of these feelings and more and I know it isn't related to chams but I do really want to help others who struggle with issues like these because they remind me of me. I don't want to come off as rude to you because I know you're also a great person but I want to give this cham a fighting chance and help guide the OP to understand what she is doing wrong.
What’s happened to you lately? You’ve been drifting further and further off the mark over the last couple months, what’s changed?

Ok so I tried to contact OP, all they wanted to do was talk about their body image and their brother which I can understand. When I tried to help she insulted me. Told me I was happy in a relationship (which I'm not... I'm single af) because she saw pictures of my ex... Proceeded to tell me I was unempathetic a few times Told me she hated me and blocked me

What’s happened to you lately? You’ve been drifting further and further of the mark over the last couple months, what’s changed?
What mark? I've been prepping for finals as all high schoolers do! I'll be back and strong as ever this summer but with my new volunteering opportunities at a farm and a butterfly house which ps if anyone lives in Maryland and would like to see a butterfly house I have tickets... I'll probably be in majority at night. I try to check in school but finals have me caught up lol

I just want to add if your suffering from mental health problems plz reach out to someone you trust and get the help you need. Mental health should never be taken lightly. there are lots of hot lines you can call if you see lonely and helpless. Life is precious don’t take it for granted. You have to love yourself b4 giving love to others, like these beautiful creatures
^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^
While we all went to initial shock and horror... I hope the OP will seek out the help she needs.

Noble effort Chamily! I don't know if I saw everything that was posted but what I read this morning looked like a nice effort to save a chameleons life. Some times all you can do is try and if the OP is a troll then your words may reach someone else they can help on down the line.
There are three kinds of pet owners, its actually a sliding scale. People who own pets to get attention, the "looks at me's", and they only do what is convenient or cool looking to care for their animal if it becomes too inconvenient or expensive they will let it die and get another one. Then there are most of the people here on the forum who want to give their pet the best and longest life possible on based on its needs. The other end of the scale are those that see their pets as substitute children or emotional crutches "bunny huggers" They cannot distinguish between their own needs and the pets. They feed their obese animals into chronic illness and cuddle their chameleons into full shut down.
Another type I've seen here I would call Munchousen syndrome by Proxy, it has a more scientific name I can't recall, They actually make their pet sicker to get more attention. You tell them cuddling is bad and they post more pictures of them holding it.
You just have to know your efforts are making a difference and don't let the rest bring you down.

I have been communicating with her. She’s just lonely and looks to her lizard for companionship. She is listening and asking questions. I’ve sent her multiple links to all the stuff she needs and explained in great detail why she needs each. She doesn’t seem to understand why her stuff is wrong since the petco person told her her stuff was correct. I’ve been explaining it over and over but she just doesn’t seem to follow. Regardless, I’ll keep an eye on her and her little guy and see if there are any improvements. I’m fairly certain she’s going to actually go get the things she needs for her Cham.

This girl is 100% not a troll

I have been communicating with her. She’s just lonely and looks to her lizard for companionship. She is listening and asking questions. I’ve sent her multiple links to all the stuff she needs and explained in great detail why she needs each. She doesn’t seem to understand why her stuff is wrong since the petco person told her her stuff was correct. I’ve been explaining it over and over but she just doesn’t seem to follow. Regardless, I’ll keep an eye on her and her little guy and see if there are any improvements. I’m fairly certain she’s going to actually go get the things she needs for her Cham.

You are a much better person than I.

Ill believe it when I see it. She can set up the proper enclosure and get the cham on a decent diet and supplement routine but if she keeps parading around NYC with the chameleon, its going to drop dead from stress related issues.

I 100% applaud you for taking the time to try and help this cham and educate the keeper.

Hopefully she will realize chameleons are not companion animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom