Loves sleeping in the palm of mummy’s hand

Having a sangria

Bedtime

Loves going on long walks

Out for a meal

Taking the train

In sync

Your only friend maybe
You're right. Before I got my friend, I was a lonely and suicidal person. I rarely left the house. My chameleon gave me an unfamiliar feeling - being loved and accepted. Now we spend a lot of time together even though I do put it in the cage for 8 hours a day for the light. I like dogs but it's not as convenient as having a chameleon. They are much bigger and harder to take everywhere.

Please dont take this as an attack. Your cham is not enjoying that lifestyle. When you are that small you think everything is going to eat you. Enjoy it while it lasts. The stress of going for a walk down a busy city street will eventually kill your cham. They are not meant to be that kind of pet. Please read up on the proper care or you will be back here asking "why is my cham sleeping all day?" or worse "my cham is dying, please help".We will encourage you any way we can but this behavior we discourage greatly. Not an attack. We want whats best for both of you. Good luck.

You're right. Before I got my friend, I was a lonely and suicidal person. I rarely left the house. My chameleon gave me an unfamiliar feeling - being loved and accepted. Now we spend a lot of time together even though I do put it in the cage for 8 hours a day for the light. I like dogs but it's not as convenient as having a chameleon. They are much bigger and harder to take everywhere.
I was the same way, good to know someone understands, I'm pretty psycho but I'm glad my Apollo baby can deal with it!

Please dont take this as an attack. Your cham is not enjoying that lifestyle. When you are that small you think everything is going to eat you. Enjoy it while it lasts. The stress of going for a walk down a busy city street will eventually kill your cham. They are not meant to be that kind of pet. Please read up on the proper care or you will be back here asking "why is my cham sleeping all day?" or worse "my cham is dying, please help".We will encourage you any way we can but this behavior we discourage greatly. Not an attack. We want whats best for both of you. Good luck.
How do you know? I get that it would feel uncomfortable walking in the city alone, but I sense that it enjoys my company. I guess I should give you more information. At Petco they told me that if I took it out with me regularly as a baby it would get used to it and feel comfortable with it. It is still a baby. We are together all the time except when it's in the cage getting the lights. It actually sleeps in the palm of my hand and falls asleep at 10 pm. But when I'm tired I set it on the pillow next to me so I don't accidentally squeeze it. It remains there until the morning :)

I’m sorry but don’t use that as an excuse I was that person two but I educated myself on how to care for these animals rather then forcing them to be “my friend”. This isn’t a pet this is a hobby your it’s caretaker. Your job it to Mimic it environment as best as possible. Don’t use mental illness as a cop out that’s not cool

How do you know? I get that it would feel uncomfortable walking in the city alone, but I sense that it enjoys my company. I guess I should give you more information. At Petco they told me that if I took it out with me regularly as a baby it would get used to it and feel comfortable with it. It is still a baby. We are together all the time except when it's in the cage getting the lights. It actually sleeps in the palm of my hand and falls asleep at 10 pm. But when I'm tired I set it on the pillow next to me so I don't accidentally squeeze it. It remains there until the morning :)
Obviously it remains there until morning, its asleep. Chams dont get up and walk around during the night like dogs or cats, they sleep. Petco doesnt know anything about reptile care, they know about profiting off of current pet trends. They offer no training to their staff on proper care of reptiles. Chameleons are not social animals, they dont live in packs or care for their young. Their entire life is to live alone in a tree trying not to get eaten by bigger animals.

I’m sorry but don’t use that as an excuse I was that person two but I educated myself on how to care for these animals rather then forcing them to be “my friend”. This isn’t a pet this is a hobby your it’s caretaker. Your job it to Mimic it environment as best as possible. Don’t use mental illness as a cop out that’s not cool
What makes you think my baby does not want to be my friend or is stressed out? Right now it is sitting on the back of my hair, it could leave any time but it likes being next to its mummy. One of its favourite places is swinging from mummy's hair like from a vine in the jungle :) I have a nice cage set up for it too.

Obviously it remains there until morning, its asleep. Chams dont get up and walk around during the night like dogs or cats, they sleep. Petco doesnt know anything about reptile care, they know about profiting off of current pet trends. They offer no training to their staff on proper care of reptiles. Chameleons are not social animals, they dont live in packs or care for their young. Their entire life is to live alone in a tree trying not to get eaten by bigger animals.
That's my point exactly. It likes sleeping next to mummy. It could easily jump off the bed (which it does in the morning) and sleep there instead but it feels most comfortable next to its mum. I love my chameleon.

That's my point exactly. It likes sleeping next to mummy. It could easily jump off the bed (which it does in the morning) and sleep there instead but it feels most comfortable next to its mum. I love my chameleon.
You know what I would do, I would set up a free range set up, sleeping on the bed may not be high enough for him or you may accidentally push him off the bed with a small free range you will be able to enjoy his company while sleeping peacefully and he will be able to enjoy his sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom