This is the 'Ask for Help' formChameleon Info:
* Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
* Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
* Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
* Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
* Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
* Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
* History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
* Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
* Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
* Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
* Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
* Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
* Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
* Location - Where are you geographically located?
i dont really know much about what i have the pet store gave me everything i should need shes been fine for these past 3 month, it just happened recently. we changed nothing of her cage or food or anything
Hi there my Chameleon George wont open his eyes either???
It all started 3 days ago when i noticed he was squinting with one one like he had something in it, the next day both eyes where closed most of the day and yesterday the same. I took him to the vets today and he thinks he might have some skin from his last shed (which was last friday) irritating his eyes?im going to put a bet it is his lights. He's told me to wash them with water and a cotton bud 3 times a day?not a vet but i would not do this....manual spray him. I did this tonight but it just seems to have upset him even more, to the point where he wonders round his viv with his eyes closed tightly walking off branches/plants? So I've now put him in his travel faunaium in his viv to try and stop him doing more damage to him self? Don't know what else to do, I've completed the info below in hope of some help, any would be much appreciated. Many thanks.change your lights!!!!
Male Yemens about 5 to 6 months old at a guess I've only had him for 3 weeks. I handle him about 3 times a week for about 15 min a time he's very child out.Handle Less!!
I feed him twice a day ones in the morning when his lights are on and ones when I come home from work if he's eaten everything else. He has 3-5 medium locusts every day then 2-3 waxworms and or butterworms about 3 - 4 times a week. locusts are feed on mixed salad worms are feed on bee pollen granules all bugs are dusted in calcium 5 days a week nutrobal 2 days a week.dusting needs to change to calcium w/o d3 every feeding, calcium w/d3 twice a month, herptivite twice a month I also use exo terra water conditioner with calciumno need..i would discontinue this, he has a dripper on all day with a bowl under which I empty twice a day he's also misted twice to three times a day. Great!Have only seen him drink once on the day I first brought him home, but his fecal in dark brown/black with white.normal
I brought him from the shop where I work and he'd been there for about 3 weeks eating well and being sprayed twice daily.
He lives in a exo terra glass terrarium 45 W x 45 D x 60 Hnever have seen this size...might want to look at getting a screen enclosure 24x24x48' ' , lighting in a exo terra duo canopy with two 35w halogen and two 15w UVB 0.5 tubes, he also has a exo terra glow dome light fitting with a green 40w spotHOLY LIGHTS BATMAN! i would love to see the pics of your basking and ambient temps. it has to be +100* in that GLASS cage. how are you measuring the temps and methods?. Lights go on at 7am UVB of at 8PM then green off at 10PM.only 12 hours of light Heat mat behind backing to one side on all the time.take this off and turn it off Temp day reading 90 at hot end 82 cool end down to 75 at nightwould love to see this in RL, george seems to like it best under green spot? Humid is 75 t0 80 all reading are from dial thermometer and hydrometer but I do have digital ones with probs on order.
Terrarium is covered in plastic plants with different leaf sizes and textures, vines and real wood branches. His viv ins in a quite area in living room on the floor at the moment.Needs to go as high up in the room as possible.
Please help as I love him to bit and worried I'm going to lose him...
we have a female about 5 months old, we always play with her. We feed crickets and worms we dust them with calicum as well. we mist twice a day
we have aglass with top ventalation, we keep lighting and uva on them until night time, we use fake plants & the cage is located near the window