My chameleon has big issues

Hello guys.
So i have a chameleon he is Male and he is 3 MONTHS OLD. He is Yemen Chameleon. I usually feeding him with CRICKETS. I don't handling with him because he doesnt want to my hand and he runs away. His enclouser is 40×30×60cm. Photos down below. And one question is if he can have a live crickets in his enclouser at night when he sleeps. Humidity in cage is about 60% to 70%. Temperature is about 25 to 32 under the bulb. I usually feeding him with 4 to 5 crickets per day. Iam giving him water by pipette

1. He just sits somewhere then he open his mouth for 10 minutes like 5 times per day maybe less. Anyone has same issue ?

2.When i walk to his enclouser / terrarium he runs away to hide and turns black or brown. It's okay? Also he dont want to climb on my hand.

Thank you guys before ;)

Attachments

• 15717679284757464391352400534776.jpg
    15717679284757464391352400534776.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 1571768009584881027204950974415.jpg
    1571768009584881027204950974415.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20191001_151310.jpg
    20191001_151310.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Please fill out the ‘how to ask for help’ form in the health section. A chameleon gaping is usually too hot. What are your temps like?

How to ask for help:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

35 is too hot, max basking temp should be 30. When you have time, please fill out the above form: it will help all of the experts here to help you on your chameleon journey.

And what about when he doesnt want to my hand and he suddenly turns around and run away

Chameleon's don't usually like to be held or handled. they are very shy especially at first. If they have more places to hide in their cage it will make them more brave. Some never become tame.

Chameleon's don't usually like to be held or handled. they are very shy especially at first. If they have more places to hide in their cage it will make them more brave. Some never become tame.
Thank you and he has some places to hide but they are above warm bulb so he can be hot. And when iam walking to the room or of the room or to his cage he suddenly runs away. To hide .

I believe Martin is using english as a second language. Excuse me if I am mistaken.
I see he has some hiding spots he would like more. His cage should look more like this. The plants should fill most of the cage. IMG_3407.jpg

Back
Top Bottom