My chameleon has big issues

That substrate i bought yesterday in market with animals its like good for humidity they said
A bare bottom is much better and easier to clean. Since you have a glass cage, you shouldn’t have any problem with enough humidity. You do need to be careful that there isn’t too much. Putting a live plant in is a better way to get humidity. Pothos plants are great for your chameleon.

A bare bottom is much better and easier to clean. Since you have a glass cage, you shouldn’t have any problem with enough humidity. You do need to be careful that there isn’t too much. Putting a live plant in is a better way to get humidity. Pothos plants are great for your chameleon.
My cham usually has 60% humidity. Are Ficuses good for cham?

60% is okay, but you don’t want it to get any higher during the day. The main thing is to keep your temperature and humidity well balanced and have good air flow.
Veiled chams will eat their plants, so you really need to be careful which ones you use. Pothos is my favorite because it’s safe and as it grows, it becomes vines. Is also really easy to grow.Here’s the safest plant list for veileds.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/plants/

This may also help you a little with your cham.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

60% is okay, but you don’t want it to get any higher during the day. The main thing is to keep your temperature and humidity well balanced and have good air flow.
Veiled chams will eat their plants, so you really need to be careful which ones you use. Pothos is my favorite because it’s safe and as it grows, it becomes vines. Is also really easy to grow.Here’s the safest plant list for veileds.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/plants/

This may also help you a little with your cham.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
Thank you. How do you feed your chameleon? And how do you giving him water?

UVB doesn't travel through glass at all. You're chameleon is in serious risk of Metabolic Bone Disease and severe burns if you don't change his lighting asap. No bulbs inside the enclosures EVER and you need a screen top for ventilation to avoid respiratory infections and so the UVB can get to your chameleon.

UVB doesn't travel through glass at all. You're chameleon is in serious risk of Metabolic Bone Disease and severe burns if you don't change his lighting asap. No bulbs inside the enclosures EVER and you need a screen top for ventilation to avoid respiratory infections and so the UVB can get to your chameleon.
Cham has a light bulbs in his enclosures and he has a small venitilation i can photo if you want

Thank you. How do you feed your chameleon? And how do you giving him water?
Chameleons drink off of leaves, so it’s important to have plants with leaves that you can spray or mist 2 or 3 times a day for about 2 minutes. I don’t feed crickets, so I use little bowls that I hold near them until they’ve eaten. When I give silkworms, I put them one by one on my hand and hold it out near my Cham.

I would suggest you look into getting a different cage, preferably one with screening. The bigger it is, the better. Then you can keep your lights on top and you’ll have less risk of respiratory or other disease.

Ok the problem with that is the glass doesn’t allow enough air flow. These guys are sensitive and can get respiratory infections if there is warm humidity.

the other problem with your lights in the cage is your cham might try to climb the bulb and this can burn aand injure your Cham. I would recommend a new cage that atleast has a screen top and bigger your cage seems kinda small. Bare minimum is 24x24x48 for an adult male veiled

Chameleons drink off of leaves, so it’s important to have plants with leaves that you can spray or mist 2 or 3 times a day for about 2 minutes. I don’t feed crickets, so I use little bowls that I hold near them until they’ve eaten. When I give silkworms, I put them one by one on my hand and hold it out near my Cham.
Okey because i give water to cham by pippete and i feed crickets

Back
Top Bottom