my babies are such high maintenence :D

serenitystarlite

Established Member
So I have 4 chams. I've been trying to cup feed them, but they're being difficult about it! :rolleyes:

I have to hand feed Kami because of her tongue issue, which is fine since she's my favorite. I like hand feeding Jasmine because she's nasty and I think it helps her to like me more. I can get her to come right up to me and even climb on my hand if I have food because she's a little piggy :D

But why won't Drac and Pepper just cupfeed? They want me to hand feed them too! And of course I made the mistake of offering waxworms as a treat, so of course they would prefer to have them over crickets. I even tried a shallow dish meant for birds because I thought they would be able to see crickets in there better than a cup. Drac is my nosy be and Pepper is my jackson's. They are both about 5 months old. I only worry about them not eating enough because they are still growing and I think they should be eating more than they are.

I love it, don't get me wrong. I just don't always have the time and patience to hand feed all of them lol. I need to order hornworms since maybe the boys just prefer wiggly things to crickets. I have baby dubias but they are too small to feed yet so I'll probably order some mixed dubia to feed them while my colony grows. Maybe they're just sick of crickets, I know I am! :D

I don't really have a question because I've read about a billion posts on cup feeding, but if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know :)

Oh I should've mentioned that they cup feed with no problem if I throw a worm in the cup. The only problem with that is that they only eat the worm and don't want the crickets lol. I'll see if I can find a bigger tub to use but Pepper is pretty small still and their cages are kinda small, so I don't wanna go too big and take up all their space.

Back
Top Bottom