muliple layers of skin to shed?

pantherlover

hey all,

ive had my fisrt male panther for about 2 months now. ive noticed since ive had him that hes had dry sections along his spine & on his face. it seems like hes already shed in those areas but certin areas are shedding again immediately after. his humidity is at about 60 to 65 & hes sprayed regularly. he doesnt mind a little shower time once a week either. i was wondering, is it possible that he could be behind on his shedding due to maybe insufficent humidity throughout the time he spent at the pet store? ive heard it takes about a month for an adult male to shed fully. i know they shed in different sections at a time when theyre adults but ive had him for two months & it seems like he hasnt stopped & certin spots have lifted but are lifting again soon after. places on his spine look ashy but are yet to lift off. anybody mind to shed some light on these thoughts? or any suggestions i can use to help him along with the process are very welcomed, thanks.

justin

could be from the pet store. i know when i got my cham he had alot of yellow in his poop and after a steady flow of dripping/spraying water he was back to normal and shed just fine :)

hey thanks for the input man. ya, i had to get my guy used to a dripper wen i first got him. he was in the petstore for a decent amount of time. they had a rediculous pricetag on him. they knew i wanted him so they called wen they dropped the price. i just beat one poor guy in the door too. haha. im guessing lack of humidity prior to when i had him is the reason but im still not sure.

When I got my jackson chams a long time ago my male had the same problem. I rescued them from some people who had no idea on how to care for them. The male looked as though he had spots that had a couple to a few layers of skin still on and the rest was sheddind properly. But the longer I had him and the healthier he became it started to even out. It was mostly around his tail and between his horns. It sounds like yours has good humitity levels so if your feeding him good and he is hydrated he should catch up. I have heard that silkworms are very hydrating to chams I would maybe give him a few more of those n his diet to help with his shedding. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom