Questions about shedding

Ok, great! Just remember to only fog at night when temps in his enclosure are below 67 degrees. If you fog when it’s warm you’re asking for an upper respiratory infection. I also wanted to tell you about the Govee temp and humidity gauges that connect to your phone so you can check the temp and humidity anytime. They ren between 11.00 to 15.00. I bought mine a couple years ago and it was 11.00 not sure how much the price has gone up since then. They sell them on Amazon. You should have a little digital temp guage with a wired probe connected to your basking branch where he basks so you have a good idea of what his basking temp is because you don’t want him to get too hot. That’s important with any Cham but especially Jackson’s. I have about 3-4 digital thermometer/hygrometers at different levels in my guys enclosure. It’s good to know what’s going on.

Ok, great! Just remember to only fog at night when temps in his enclosure are below 67 degrees. If you fog when it’s warm you’re asking for an upper respiratory infection. I also wanted to tell you about the Govee temp and humidity gauges that connect to your phone so you can check the temp and humidity anytime. They ren between 11.00 to 15.00. I bought mine a couple years ago and it was 11.00 not sure how much the price has gone up since then. They sell them on Amazon. You should have a little digital temp guage with a wired probe connected to your basking branch where he basks so you have a good idea of what his basking temp is because you don’t want him to get too hot. That’s important with any Cham but especially Jackson’s. I have about 3-4 digital thermometer/hygrometers at different levels in my guys enclosure. It’s good to know what’s going on.
Gotcha. Now does that "when its warm" rule apply to misting as well? Or only fog? I will look into that, especially with how big this new enclosure is I think I'll need that. Thank you

I read through all of that and cant thank you enough! I just got a new 24x24x38 enclosure and will get him moved over asap. I cant afford a mist system rn but will add it on my list of things to buy for sure. I want him to live long and happy
Hello and welcome! I do not have a misting system myself. I hand mist 2x a day with one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Sp...refix=hand+mister+for+reptiles,aps,148&sr=8-4

It's more time-consuming, but I use my misting time with my two chams to check their enclosure, ensure they look like they are doing well, and check their temperature and humidity levels...so I actually look forward to misting time instead of viewing it as a chore.

Gotcha. Now does that "when its warm" rule apply to misting as well? Or only fog? I will look into that, especially with how big this new enclosure is I think I'll need that. Thank you
Only fogging. Misting doesn’t last long and the humidity from it doesn’t last long either. Fogging usually lasts several hours so you don’t want the air to be warm and moist for hours because that’s what can cause an upper respiratory infection or URI.

Hello and welcome! I do not have a misting system myself. I hand mist 2x a day with one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Spray-Bottle-quarts/dp/B004CJS7XW/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1DUMH5AEPTVT8&keywords=hand+mister+for+reptiles&qid=1676938325&sprefix=hand+mister+for+reptiles,aps,148&sr=8-4

It's more time-consuming, but I use my misting time with my two chams to check their enclosure, ensure they look like they are doing well, and check their temperature and humidity levels...so I actually look forward to misting time instead of viewing it as a chore.
Yes, those work well. Good use of that time misting to!

Back
Top Bottom