Mt. Meru Surprise.....

Well It finally happened :D Our Mt Meru Jackson Chameleons Jax and Jill just mated in our free range. I brought Jill out to feed her in our free range because when I feed our beetles I have a fear that they wll get loose some how so I have to hand feed them to ensure they are eaten. I notice she was looking especially beautiful today so Steve and I agreed to try to introduce jax again since they have never mated and we have never seen this perticular pattern on jill before. So one they were both in out 3 plant free range Jaxx slowly made his way to jill doing his little love dance and apparently she must have been impressed. After a few minutes being locked she turned jet black with blue markings and they unlocked and walked their own way. :D :D :D I feel so proud of my little Jax. And Jill.

she has always been a steady 18 grams since she came to us. I will keep track of her weight as she gets bigger.

Also any info or tried and worked methods on raising baby Mt meru Jacksons would be very much appreated. as this will hopefully be our first babies :D

My computer has not been letting my attach photos but I will try to post on some time today from the mating.

There is a thread about them here though for those of you who want to see pics of them.

here's the link: https://www.chameleonforums.com/found-my-pair-mt-meru-finally-94055/

wow, how exciting!!!!! id love to have a mt. meru some day.... maybe some of yours will drift south!!!!!!!:D

Thank you, We are very excited :D :D :D :D Maybe someday ;)

Congrats! Shoot actionjackson a pm. He is the meru man round here;)

As usual Alex you beat me to it. actionjackson it the man.

Thank you very much CoolbloodedAL and Laurie I will be. ActionJackson has the most beautiful jacksons I have ever seen.

Such a surprise this is such a gtreat week lol I cannot wait till she gives birth. Hope all works out well she is 21 months old and as lindasy said she is 18 grams at her average weight. Were pretty stoked about it as you all can imagine with the huge shortage of these guys around.:) wish us luck lol

Such a surprise this is such a gtreat week lol I cannot wait till she gives birth. Hope all works out well she is 21 months old and as lindasy said she is 18 grams at her average weight. Were pretty stoked about it as you all can imagine with the huge shortage of these guys around.:) wish us luck lol

Wishing you tons and tons of luck!!

That's cool they mated. Mating Jackson's I think is the easy part. Keeping her healthy and raising the babies is a little more difficult.:) at 18 grams she is 4 grams larger than my biggest female.

I hope you have great success with her.

Thanks everyone :D I am so excited. Breeding our jacksons has been a dream of mine since we first got into chameleons I have searched for so Long for this pair and after seeing how hard they are to get up here in Canada because so many have trouble getting the offspring to a good age. as well as I have noticed its not as easy to get them to breed. Which is truly a shame as they are such beautiful chameleons. They really are hard not to fall in love with. so this has been such a build up that I feel like we have just taken a big step in our hobby. If your chameleons arent in optimal health and happy they arent going to breed. I really hope that all my searching info and talks we have both had with other jackson breeders will help us sucess in being able to provide Canadians with Captive Bred Mt Meru Jacksons someday. Thank you all for posting :D

Thank you very much CoolbloodedAL and Laurie I will be. ActionJackson has the most beautiful jacksons I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for that. I really enjoy my Jackson's. They are all getting some much needed sun time today after the recent cold spell we've been having.

Back
Top Bottom