Moving enclosure

Matt1851

Hey guys. I will be moving my bedroom into my basement soon because iv run out of room im the room im in now, I have a leopard gecko, a chamemeon, a firebellied newt and a fish aquarium in here and i kinda feel cramped lol. the temps down there atm will drop to low 70's to high 60's in the winter/spring season and in the summer it usually stays the same temp that it does in my bedroom witch is 75 and up. So my Main question is do i need a night heat bulb for my Nosy Be Panther or no?

i would probably guess no, but if it makes you feel better, a low watt infrared would do. im pretty sure panthers are roughly about the same housing conditions as veileds, and they can be comfortable aroun 55-65 degrees at night. please other members correct me if im wrong, but its worth posting as im the first to reply. good luck :rolleyes:

alright ,but ya jjust in the winter it can get pretty cold (if high 60's is cold) but ya i dunno i just thought a 50 watt night blue bulb would be good

NO night heat or light unless temps are dropping into the mid 50's. It is always better to heat the room at night rather than the cage, and ceramic heaters are the best option. It is beneificial for them to get at least a 10 degree temp drop at night.

Heat

Definately heat the room and not the cage. Space heaters are a good option. Also these guys need their night time darkness so even low wattage lights can effect their sleep schedule. lot's of luck :)

Back
Top Bottom