Mouth rot?

This is my almost 2 year old veiled. Hes eating fine and drinking fine. Moves around alright but he has some brown stuff around his teeth.
Is this some mouth rot? or does he just need to brush his teeth? :p
I have been slacking on his supplements.. may this be a factor?

eXH9k.jpg

LzXIX.jpg

Last edited:
some what looks like tartar lol but i doubt thats the case here it seems like a discoloration of some sort but i done see any breakdown of the tissue but maybe a senior member can get u a better answer. can u see any breakdown of the actual tissue ? or is it more of a surface stain type thing?

Can you see any tissue swelling around the gums? Do his lips close together
tightly when he closes his mouth? I know pseudomonas can infect the jawbone, but usually the color is more green or black.. and you'll have some tooth loss eventually.
I'd say it looks fine to me, that almost looks like the part of his mouth where he does the most chewing, so it could be some discoloration or plaque. His teeth look to be in good shape.

Yes it does look alot like mouth rot to me, I would get to a vet and try to get it under controll asap. It can be a very stuborn infection. A vet will most likely do a culture and sensitivity test and then perscribe a antibiotic and cleaning regime.

Yes it does look alot like mouth rot to me, I would get to a vet and try to get it under controll asap. It can be a very stuborn infection. A vet will most likely do a culture and sensitivity test and then perscribe a antibiotic and cleaning regime.

From what I have heard mouth rot looks darker and more splotchy. Can i use a soft brush or something to lightly clean it and if it doesnt come off then go to the vet?

If it is mouth rott some will most likley come off with a brush, it will be puss and possibly blood. You will need to clean it often and will require antibiotics to take care of it proporly.

Have not had the pleasure of dealing with mouth rot in my cham yet but it does not look anything like the mouth rot my tortoise experienced.

mine had something similar but on his lips,it turned out to be roach guts that wouldnt come off,but with warm misting he got rid of it

Back
Top Bottom