Help, sagging lip! Is this mouth rot or something else?

ahkrjwiur8e

Yesterday my Cham appeared with his lower lip sagging a bit open. I was very concerned but it seemed to go back to normal after a few minutes. Today he seems to have started it again except he hasn't stopped with the sagging lip and I noticed the tip of his mouth has this concerning black color. I tried to gently pull up his lip but it seems like I cant. I think It may be mouth rot, but everything I've read online doesn't mention sagging lips at all. Could this be an injury?
20230705_192215.jpg

Hi and welcome. Sorry that your guy is having this problem. It’s hard to see well from your pic, but there is something going on and you really need a vet to treat it before it gets worse. Regardless of the cause, it will probably need some antibiotics to clear it up.

Yesterday my Cham appeared with his lower lip sagging a bit open. I was very concerned but it seemed to go back to normal after a few minutes. Today he seems to have started it again except he hasn't stopped with the sagging lip and I noticed the tip of his mouth has this concerning black color. I tried to gently pull up his lip but it seems like I cant. I think It may be mouth rot, but everything I've read online doesn't mention sagging lips at all. Could this be an injury?View attachment 340264
Don’t know if this will help but my panther has the exact same look to his lip. Just took him to the vet today and he has an injury that got infected. He’s on antibiotics now.

Back
Top Bottom