Mouth open??? Plz help me

leighann

Hi everyone,
I have had my ambilob panther chameleon (Luna) for about 7 months know and for the past month or so she has been leaving her mouth open for no reason... Shes not hissing, she seams perfectly fine except the mouth thing. Im i doing somehting wrong, im i not doing somehting, i donno...

I looked inside her mouth to see if maybe something is stuck or if she has an infection and she looks perfectly normal to me.

I looked in books and i havent found anything at all upon it and im getting really woried.

Thank you for your time.

Leigh-Ann

She's probably too hot. What temperature are you keeping her at and do you have a screen or glass cage?

My cham (approx 2 month old male veiled) started doing this outside, a clear indication he was too hot. He was also clinging to the screen more than usual, probably looking for a better spot but couldn't find one. I now have him inside and he's doing much better. You probably just need to raise your heat lamp a few inches and check temps until it is what you desire for basking/middle/bottom.

shes in a screen tank so she has good ventalation.
the heat actualy makes sence.. i have her in my livingroom with my other reptiles and it is about 32 or 35 degrees in my appartment, do you think thats too hot?

and i dont have a heat lamp for her becuase it is hot in my appartment, but she does have her uva&b

Yes, definetly too hot for the ambient temp. Over time could lead to some serious problems. You need to cool your apt. Good ambient temp imo is 70-80 degrees F. then the heat lamp creates the range they need. Ambient heat like that throughout the entire cage is not good...

Chameleons have to be able to regulate their own heat by moving in and out of a basking area. The basking area can be 32 - 35 C, but there should be a side of the enclosure that only gets to around 24 or 26 C for her to cool down when she needs to. Too much heat will stress her and shorten her life. It can also cause her to develop eggs faster which will also shorten her life.

ok thats very good to know. The problem is that im on the top floor so i get everyones heat, she was in my room but i had to put an air conditioner in becuase i cant stand that much heat eather so i moved her. in the winter i dont even need to put the heating on becuase i get everyones and the heat lamps and all that keep it perfect in the winter. do you have any sujustions on were or wat i can do to keep her incosuer at the temp she needs?

Kirmit needs your help

My chameleon has had some problems latly but iv ben taking het to a vet. but im not duw for another month so i need some help... well first thing about 2 days ago every so often she would open her mouth to breath in but it sound normal, no cracking noises just a breath in. help? and 2nd she hasn't pooped in about 2 days and there is a bump right under her privites.... could it just be constipation?? any help??

Kirmit, please start a new thread and complete the questionaire that is at the top of this forums thread listing, entitled 'how to ask for help'. :)
You will find a button on the same page called 'new thread', then you can be given individual attention. This is the second thread you have crashed.

ok thats very good to know. The problem is that im on the top floor so i get everyones heat, she was in my room but i had to put an air conditioner in becuase i cant stand that much heat eather so i moved her. in the winter i dont even need to put the heating on becuase i get everyones and the heat lamps and all that keep it perfect in the winter. do you have any sujustions on were or wat i can do to keep her incosuer at the temp she needs?

So you moved her because you put an AC in your bed room? If that's correct, move her back to your bed room. Just heat her with her lamp. If even then ambient temp is still lower than you would like it in the Air conditioned room add another smaller much lower wattage lamp to heat the rest of the cage. Heat is easy. Cold is much more complicated, IE it's easier to heat a cage in a cold room than to cool one in a hot room.

Back
Top Bottom