Mouth color?

Scott85

This may be a stupid question but here it goes. When my female panther was small, her inside of her mouth was pinkish white. Its now turning all yellow. I know alot of chams have yellow mouth interiors. There is no mucus, cheesey masses, black spots, or anything wrong with her teeth. Has anyone else noticed their cham devolp a yellow mouth color over time?

Don't know about mouth color but some of my chams have a whitish/pink tongue and some have black tongues. They are healthy.

Different species have different colors inside their mouths....and some of them start off one color and change as the chameleon matures.

mine just got over some bacteria infections in his mouth causing some cheesy mucusy like ooze. Hes all better now, back to roaming around, no more black eyes, and no more mucus, but the interior of his mouth still has a yellow coloration to it, but he does seem healthy. Thanks for starting this thread, I too was wondering the same thing. :)

Thanks for the replies.

I assumed it was nothing, just caught me by suprise, then I started to worry.
My previous panther had the yellow mouth, but he was an adult when I got him. So I was unsure about his inital coloration in there.

Back
Top Bottom