Mouth Color Question

Stone15sv

D3D019A4-0F4D-4B33-B31A-BD9F73E51154.jpeg

Hello,

First time posting here. This is Skittles and male Panther Chameleon. Posting because I am slightly concerned about the coloring of his mouth. Below is current setup/husbandry conditions. I come from a history of Dart Frog husbandry and have done a lot of research via the Chameleon Academy, so I’m trying my best. Captured pic when he was eating.

Size: 12 inches tail-tip
Owned for 2 months
Diet: very good, never has turned away food.
Comfort: surprisingly very calm and happy with handling, although I limit handling to 1-2 times per week when I take him out for a 1 hour bask/outdoor session.

Diet: 5 medium size crickets (1xdaily), 3 medium dubias (1xdaily), hornworms (1/2 per week), waxworks 1/2 per week). Gut loaded.

Shedding: last shed was 1 week ago, lost entire coat with clean shed in 6 hours.

Misting: Mist King, 4 nozzles, 5 minutes daily at 6:30am, 30 seconds at 8pm(right before lights out)

Lighting: plant lights and uvb 10.0, measured with UVI meter, Ferguson zone 7 at very top under(can’t reach) basking/perching zone is 3-4.3

Heating: basking area is 91 degrees, ambient daytime temp is 78 at bottom of cage, 83 near top. Nighttime ambient temp is 65-70 F.

Humidity: daytime 65-75%, nighttime 90-95%. I have a vents and fans that engage when humidity falls outside of these parameters. All perching areas dry out during the day.

Supplements: dust feeders every feeding with non D3, and 1x every 2 weeks with D3

Urate: looks healthy. Usually he goes 1 every day or other day. Only had one irate with some yellow (30%), gave him an extra hornworm and increased misting amount.

Cage size: 20w X 40H x 18D. Plenty of vines and plants. It is a bioactive enclosure.

Sorry if this is too long, I’m just concerned. I didn’t think their mouths were this yellow. No foam, but I’m concerned.

Behavior: No flaring of gullar other than when he saw his reflection once. Moves well and seems to have good grip.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and the world of chameleons!

Panther chameleons are known to have yellow inside their mouths and some vets who don’t know much about chameleons will try to tell you that it’s jaundice….but it’s not.

What specific supplements do you use? Brand names?

Back
Top Bottom