most attractive chameleon babies

pamnsam94

Established Member
Although all chameleons have cute babies :), some I consider more attractive than others. Of the species I've worked with, my two favorites are baby quads (love the patterns, greens and blues that quad neonates often display) and baby melleri (very sharp looking IMO with their bold black and white pattern). I may be attacked for this :D, but low on my list is baby panthers, even though they eventually grow up to display some of the most amazing coloration in the chameleon world, especially considering all the variety among the different locales.

So, let's hear what species you consider as being among the most attractive as newly hatched neonates, whether you've kept them or not. Photos would be great too. :)

Perry

Personally I think baby veilds are cute, but their colors are definitely not the most attractive at first.. :rolleyes:

I've never had any other cham besides my veiled, but I just love panther chameleons babies and I have to disagree and say that even while most are brown and black, the patterns are so cool!

I'm a fan as well with Quads and Mellers! I do love all Chams for there own looks, but I have a soft spot for the true exotics. I miss my colony of quads and baby meller!!! Guess thats why I'm ready to buying as many CBB or CB mellers as I can find and a Quad colony in the near future.

So sorry, just been back into the Cham game a week and have no photos of Quads or Mellers:(

And I haven't had a chance this week to take pics of the 3 young panthers yet:(

I think my favorite cham babies would be parsonii...They look like fake Jurassic park dinosaurs lol. I love the texture of their skin and also the patterns some of them can display at such a young age are amazing.

Another one of my favorites are Jacksons, love the big heads on those chams haha. Panthers are cool too, but coloration takes forever :rolleyes:

I think my favorite cham babies would be parsonii...They look like fake Jurassic park dinosaurs lol. I love the texture of their skin and also the patterns some of them can display at such a young age are amazing.

Another one of my favorites are Jacksons, love the big heads on those chams haha. Panthers are cool too, but coloration takes forever :rolleyes:

Parsonii are one of my favorites too. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of ever keeping them. :( With Jackson's though, I'm too anxious for them to grow up. I kind of get tired of the browns and can't wait for them to start coloring up with pretty greens, yellows and sometimes blue.

Perry

Honestly, I think the most impressive, and stunning babies are hatchling melleri... they come out of the egg absolutely amazing, and only get better!

I think Chamaeleo dilepis babies are the cutest. All attitude, the way they hold their tails over their heads, and great color.

I think Chamaeleo dilepis babies are the cutest. All attitude, the way they hold their tails over their heads, and great color.

I really like those too. I'm wondering who might have picked up some of those blue dilepis from Mozambique. I'd love to see pic of the adults and any babies that are eventually hatched out from that group that came in. :)

Perry

T. laterispinis babies are by far the cutest IMO, and I couldnt agree more about baby panthers.

Great one! The camouflage of T. laterispinis is insane. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to work with them, but from all the pics I've seen, it seems the babies look pretty much just like the adults. So, how could you not love them?

Who couldn't you agree more with about baby panthers, me or SaintJimmy?

Perry

First place baby Parsonii for me especially the Yellow Lip and Cristifer babies when they are bright/slight red.

Honorable mention are the Elephant Eared chameleons from the genus Calumma. Those are pretty cute when they are young with their huge over sized ears. For the genus Trioceros I have got to say T. montium, T. deremensis, T. quadricornis and T.pfefferi. With their new horns, tie dye colors and fins. My baby Kinyongia matschiei was one of the cutest chameleon babies I have ever seen too.

Great one! The camouflage of T. laterispinis is insane. Unfortunately, I've never had a chance to work with them, but from all the pics I've seen, it seems the babies look pretty much just like the adults. So, how could you not love them?

Who couldn't you agree more with about baby panthers, me or SaintJimmy?

Perry

I dont think panther babies or young are even remotely cute, but thats just me. There is nothing that sets them apart until they get older and start showing their colors.

and Jeremy, relax on the species man, you always go overboard:rolleyes: lol

I dont think panther babies or young are even remotely cute, but thats just me. There is nothing that sets them apart until they get older and start showing their colors.

I agree
My species I would pick is baby quads, with the patterns they have right when they pop out is awesome!

and Jeremy, relax on the species man, you always go overboard:rolleyes: lol

Ah we're talking chameleons!:DLOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom