More trust questions.

JabbaThePanther

I see most reptile owners ( i dont know about chameleons in what im gonna talk about) like to handle their pets everyday to gain their trust. Is this wrong to do with chameleons? Because every page i see on this is like, " ohh noo, dont do it mann its gonna end up getting stressed out, and it might die", BUT i want advice from a real experienced chameleon owner that knows what they are talking about.
Thanks in advance.:)

It does stress them out but some can tolerate it better then others, depends on the cham.
Mine will hiss at me inside the cage but when he's out he seems fine and un-stressed

I think it all depends on the chameleon. If you have a really lethargic chameleon I wouldn't suggest handeling it all the time unless you need to check up on it. However, I have a panther and my girlfriend has one and they both like coming out and exploring and I have seen no signs of stress in them.

It's pretty easy to tell, if your chameleon looks stressed or is trying to run off your hand the whole time you shouldnt handle them all the time.

I know there are a few people that will probably chastize me for saying that, but I have seen a lot of healthy chameleons that are handled more than "once a month"

As of right now, Reptar comes out willingly onto my hand, like i open the cage and he comes running to me. Ive only had him for 4 or 5 days too and he eats off my hand and i can hold him in one hand and hell shoot worms off of the other. I got raelly lucky though

Back
Top Bottom