More roaches for Clay, finally

etclement

Established Member
As I was re organizing my sauna (Yes I use a sauna for a bug room lol) I calculated I had enough space for 5 more species of roach. I did some research and some browsing on http://www.roachcrossing.com/. What I was thinking were the following species. I tried to choose four larger species and one smaller one because I currently have only dubia, red goblin roaches, and pallid roaches. Red goblins and pallids are great, but their adult size is about how large the dubia nymphs are that I feed currently, with Clay only 5 months old! I figured when he gets bigger I don't want to have to choose feeding only dubia vs feeding off tons of adults in a colony every day. I wanted mostly bigger things to provide more variety and something medium sized but smaller than dubia to mix in with everything else. I also am open to setting up a hornworm/ silk colony but not too sure about that yet.
Heres what I will get:
Giant Lobster Roach Henschoutedenia flexivitta
Ivory Head Roach Eublaberus sp. “Ivory” / biolleyi
Orange Head Roach Eublaberus posticus
Six Spot Roach Eublaberus distanti
Porcelain Roach Gyna lurida
The Porcelain roach was the "small" one that I got, with the others being around 50mm adult size and the Six Spot being the largest. I'm looking forward to raising these species, they all seem very cool!

I may be getting some of these, but clay is still small and I don't want to spend a lot of money on roaches he won't even be eating for a year.

Back
Top Bottom