Just a few bugs

No that would be like a $2 lunch.

Though 2 i named "lieutenant Dan" cuz they got stubs for legs and need some help getting around. They are the girls but will be the first to go. I do have 1 set of little ones running around so far.
Lol, Post a video when you feed one off

I noticed you keep your roaches in more naturalistic setups, I tend to keep mine in more minimum setups. However in the goal of ensuring my ivory heads thrive, do you feel that they would benefit from added substrate? If so I can easily add it. Right now they just have egg crates

My red runners could care less though. They just have a little wheat bran for traction on the smooth floor and eggcrates for hiding.

I noticed you keep your roaches in more naturalistic setups, I tend to keep mine in more minimum setups. However in the goal of ensuring my ivory heads thrive, do you feel that they would benefit from added substrate? If so I can easily add it. Right now they just have egg crates

My red runners could care less though. They just have a little wheat bran for traction on the smooth floor and eggcrates for hiding.
I used to keep mine pretty minimal too, no substrate, egg flats, etc. All of my species seem to do better with substrate and varying levels of moisture somewhere in the bin. Some don't care as much though like the red runners and dubia. For ivory I'd definitely have substrate. I had them without a couple years ago and they didn't thrive as much. They like to burrow and seem to like it on the moist side. Now my ivory bin is literally 5 inches of substrate and some cork which they always end up burying anyway. They also like it on the slightly crowded side, I downsized the bin for mine and they've gone crazy breeding. I also notice a weird thing with them where when disturbed they sometimes start breeding. I dumped mine in a new bin and they immediately started pairing up, was the weirdest roach thing I've witnessed.

I used to keep mine pretty minimal too, no substrate, egg flats, etc. All of my species seem to do better with substrate and varying levels of moisture somewhere in the bin. Some don't care as much though like the red runners and dubia. For ivory I'd definitely have substrate. I had them without a couple years ago and they didn't thrive as much. They like to burrow and seem to like it on the moist side. Now my ivory bin is literally 5 inches of substrate and some cork which they always end up burying anyway. They also like it on the slightly crowded side, I downsized the bin for mine and they've gone crazy breeding. I also notice a weird thing with them where when disturbed they sometimes start breeding. I dumped mine in a new bin and they immediately started pairing up, was the weirdest roach thing I've witnessed.

Well then I will give the ivories substrate, that said don't have cork handy, so they are gonna have to deal with egg crates.

Will have to tread carefully since moist eggcrates smells horrid.

I have potting soil handy, nothing special though.

Going out today! :)
I got them today and they are ALL ALIVE.
I didn't expect that you'd send all ages including adults.
Thank you very much!
They are larger than I thought.
And they seem super healthy.
I'll start feeding them in a month or two as soon as they become established.

I got them today and they are ALL ALIVE.
I didn't expect that you'd send all ages including adults.
Thank you very much!
They are larger than I thought.
And they seem super healthy.
I'll start feeding them in a month or two as soon as they become established.

Very happy to hear!

Oh y’all should see the “bee” my husband found at the park 🙄 7C1621B9-ABD4-45EF-9E47-1261449C6061.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom