MistKing Zip Drip Option

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
I put my starter system together with an additional nozzle and noticed in the directions were instructions for hooking up a zip drip system.

I didn't know about the zip drip option when I ordered my second nozzle (starter system itself was a birthday present) and was wondering if its worth getting?

Thanks,

Tony

I do not use one. It drips a few times when it shuts off then it is done. It is not like it drips all day though. Just a few drips. I think it is just personal preference. See what you think without it. If the few drips bug you then get one. :)

I have 1 system with and 1 without and honestly there’s not much difference. All it does is purge the line then when it kicks on again it has to work harder to pump the water back through again.

Never used it. My nozzles drip a few times after the pump stops. Didn't think it would be worth it since all the plants in my enclosure would be dripping for a few minutes after misting anyways.

I think it only helps when you have multiple nozzles on a system so you don't have air in the line that causes gaps in the spray especially for the cage on the end.

One thing I would like to add, if you go with the zip drip, your line needs to be a complete circle, which is not necessary without it. So if you are running a decent length overall this can add to a lot more tubing being used and managed.

I got one because the price was not unreasonable, but after some time of using it and changing my setups from time to time, I found it not be worth saving a few drip and now it sits uninstalled on my bench.

I bought one for a dart frog enclosure, haven’t used it yet though. I found it impossible to find the premium nozzles. Could only order through MistKing, and I wasn’t paying $30 shipping for a $30 part. Can’t wait to try the system.

I think it only helps when you have multiple nozzles on a system so you don't have air in the line that causes gaps in the spray especially for the cage on the end.

See but it purges the water out of the line so when the system kicks on again there is air in the line that needs to be pushed out so I takes 2 or 3 seconds for the mist to actually start coming out so it’s kinda the opposite. But it still doesn’t purge all the water out so when the line goes up like 6 feet then across there is still water in the line and it still drips a bit.

One thing I would like to add, if you go with the zip drip, your line needs to be a complete circle, which is not necessary without it. So if you are running a decent length overall this can add to a lot more tubing being used and managed.

I got one because the price was not unreasonable, but after some time of using it and changing my setups from time to time, I found it not be worth saving a few drip and now it sits uninstalled on my bench.

If you just have 1 line you could use a t connector and put the in line On one end and the outline for the zipdrip on the other and the line to the cage in the middle. If you have multiple lines you can do the same with a manifold. It still creates the loop because the zip drip only kicks on when the pump goes off to purge the line back into the reservoir. Like this
F589E9FF-9A41-40E7-896A-1E806EB99345.jpeg

See but it purges the water out of the line so when the system kicks on again there is air in the line that needs to be pushed out so I takes 2 or 3 seconds for the mist to actually start coming out so it’s kinda the opposite. But it still doesn’t purge all the water out so when the line goes up like 6 feet then across there is still water in the line and it still drips a bit.

If you just have 1 line you could use a t connector and put the in line On one end and the outline for the zipdrip on the other and the line to the cage in the middle. If you have multiple lines you can do the same with a manifold. It still creates the loop because the zip drip only kicks on when the pump goes off to purge the line back into the reservoir. Like this View attachment 245637

Hi hello please come manage my cords this sooths my little brain.

Back
Top Bottom