MISTKING THINGS I didn't know....

ZEROPILOT

Avid Member
Number one: The spray nozzles have caps on them.
No where in the instructional booklet does it mention that. And it's an otherwise good instruction book.
I turned on my MISTKING. NOTHING. Still nothing. Then POP,POP as the two caps came flying off!
No leaks. That surprised me because mine came from JOSH'S FROGS with both the on/off line valve and the reservoir bulkheads missing! I had to "rig" it up to use it until they (if they) replace the parts.
The second thing is that I have a lot of pulsing/vibration through the lines. Is this normal?
I have the ULTIMATE model with the larger pump and I'm pushing just two nozzles. I'm thinking it's the extra, unused pressure pulses?
The pump is silent. The lines are buzzy.

I don't remember having the caps problem... pretty sure I just saw them and took them off.

I second what Graves923 said... if the lines are loose or will touch something while they are vibrating then they'll make noise. I taped mine to the sides of my enclosure and make sure there is nothing they can bump into.

For me the thing that threw me off the most was the Mistking timer that says 'Start' and 'Stop'. It's not really a stop time, it's the duration the mister will go off. This mistake made my mister go off for a couple hours instead of a couple minutes *face palm*. I ended up making a video on how to set up a Mistking timer because I found out it wasn't just me making this mistake.

I don't remember having the caps problem... pretty sure I just saw them and took them off.

I second what Graves923 said... if the lines are loose or will touch something while they are vibrating then they'll make noise. I taped mine to the sides of my enclosure and make sure there is nothing they can bump into.

For me the thing that threw me off the most was the Mistking timer that says 'Start' and 'Stop'. It's not really a stop time, it's the duration the mister will go off. This mistake made my mister go off for a couple hours instead of a couple minutes *face palm*. I ended up making a video on how to set up a Mistking timer because I found out it wasn't just me making this mistake.

Is so good to hear that I’m not the only one who initially set up the timer for 2 hours instead of minutes. :p

That's YOUR VIDEO?
It's what I used to set up my timer.
It made it very simple!
Thank you!

So I'm the only one that shot caps across the room?
I soaked myself about a half dozen times while test running my system. I had T connections and nozzles blow apart. I also ran 12 total nozzles at first... what a mess it was.

The vibration is exactly as you said. It's their "no drip" component that actually pulls the water back to the pump to prevent drips. I secured my lines for the most part but still get a little rattle here and there.

I soaked myself about a half dozen times while test running my system. I had T connections and nozzles blow apart. I also ran 12 total nozzles at first... what a mess it was.

The vibration is exactly as you said. It's their "no drip" component that actually pulls the water back to the pump to prevent drips. I secured my lines for the most part but still get a little rattle here and there.
I didn't use the ZERO DRIP.
I didn't care about drips.
It's still in the box.
Too bad JOSH'S FROGS didn't give me the bulkhead fitting and shut off valve and not send the ZERO DRIP.
I wouldn't be upset.

I've learned to just put towels down if I'm messing with my mistking, I was missing parts for my zip drip and wasn't able to set it up properly, anyway I went through a few gallons of water troubleshooting things. I've trimmed and use different lengths of tubing and/ or securing it to a wall or something along the way this will help in keeping it to the quiet. I can barely hear my system I mounted the pump and it's pretty stealthy

I just deal with the initial shaking as mine only does it until it gets up to pressure, from then on it's silent.

I don't understand why some people hate on the zip drip, without a full drainage system it's nice to not have a nozzle dribble for a few minutes as the pressure equalizes, plus it's less back pressure on the pump.

I just deal with the initial shaking as mine only does it until it gets up to pressure, from then on it's silent.

I don't understand why some people hate on the zip drip, without a full drainage system it's nice to not have a nozzle dribble for a few minutes as the pressure equalizes, plus it's less back pressure on the pump.
I found the parts I needed ironically from joshes frogs I use the zip drip now. I still get "drips " off my plants but it is nice not having it leave a pool of water from the misters dripping even just for short mistings. I got some help in another thread as how to set it up properly and realized what was missing.

I may install it in the future.
It's just that I put it together quickly since I was missing parts.

I found the parts I needed ironically from joshes frogs I use the zip drip now. I still get "drips " off my plants but it is nice not having it leave a pool of water from the misters dripping even just for short mistings. I got some help in another thread as how to set it up properly and realized what was missing.
My cages have active drains at the bottoms.
I don't have any standing water issues. So drips are not an issue.
I may or may not use my ZIP DRIP.

I've learned to just put towels down if I'm messing with my mistking, I was missing parts for my zip drip and wasn't able to set it up properly, anyway I went through a few gallons of water troubleshooting things. I've trimmed and use different lengths of tubing and/ or securing it to a wall or something along the way this will help in keeping it to the quiet. I can barely hear my system I mounted the pump and it's pretty stealthy
There is a loop in the hose that I don't need. I'll trim and tidy up the system as soon as I get my missing parts.
Luckily I have waterproof wood laminate in that room. But the area rug is a bit soggy from a leak I didn't notice yesterday.
It was easily repaired. Wasn't pushed in far enough.

If you can attach most of the length of the hose to something (wall, side of enclosure, etc.) that will greatly reduce any noise/vibration. At least that was the case for me.

Back
Top Bottom