Mist King ultimate setup questions

Had the system 2 months only and I don’t have time to wait a month for another timer to get here I just won’t use the mist king at all

Had the system 2 months only and I don’t have time to wait a month for another timer to get here I just won’t use the mist king at all
I'm not sure why it is MistKing's fault that you bought the wrong timer? All the info is on their website & if you call them, they are very happy to talk to you regarding their product. Their system is very good when set up & used correctly. You don't have to wait a month for a new timer either - you could buy the correct one & get it set up while the exchange is being figured out. I do suggest calling them & discussing things before doing anything else though.

I'm not sure why it is MistKing's fault that you bought the wrong timer? All the info is on their website & if you call them, they are very happy to talk to you regarding their product. Their system is very good when set up & used correctly. You don't have to wait a month for a new timer either - you could buy the correct one & get it set up while the exchange is being figured out. I do suggest calling them & discussing things before doing anything else though.
Not saying it is Mist King’s Fault. I did read the before I bought it and just overlooked it thinking the Repeat Cycle was better but I was wrong. So you’re saying buy the seconds timer and do the exchange and have 2 seconds timers?

I wish they would let me exchange it but I’m screwed now! Bought starlight from mist king directly and they just give me vague answers when I email them.

I’ve had the worst luck with the whole entire thing.

Well I don’t want it I just wished I had know all this before I ordered

The above quotes makes me think you are blaming MistKing and that you didn't read the descriptions very well. I apologize if that is not correct. They also lead me to believe that you have not gotten an exchange set up with them yet. My suggestion was to go ahead and order the timer you want, contact them to arrange a refund on the timer you don't want since you will already have the one you want. But I wouldn't do anything until I talked with a human being at MistKing. They are very nice people & I've had a great experience with them. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

The above quotes makes me think you are blaming MistKing and that you didn't read the descriptions very well. I apologize if that is not correct. They also lead me to believe that you have not gotten an exchange set up with them yet. My suggestion was to go ahead and order the timer you want, contact them to arrange a refund on the timer you don't want since you will already have the one you want. But I wouldn't do anything until I talked with a human being at MistKing. They are very nice people & I've had a great experience with them. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Yeah I’m just irritated at myself that’s all. Probably sounded that I was blaming them but I wasn’t.

Shipping is $13 to get a full refund which is understandable for them being located in Canada. I guess I could buy a Seconds Timer from Josh’s Frogs then I wouldn’t have to pay for shipping for the other one but either way I messed up big time.

Shipping is $13 to get a full refund which is understandable for them being located in Canada. I guess I could buy a Seconds Timer from Josh’s Frogs then I wouldn’t have to pay for shipping for the other one but either way I messed up big time.
It wasn't a big time mess up, considering the one you bought would still work

The only thing is the settings are different and the other timer is better for chameleons. I’m the idiot for thinking the Repeat Cycle was a better option for the setup after reading the information on all 3 timers serveral times before I bought anything and still somehow ordered the wrong timer application for what I planned on doing. I thought a repeat of the same duration of spray time at certain times would be good. That’s all I was trying to say earlier on the thread.

No worries - it can be frustrating setting up an enclosure because you want everything perfect. It will never be "perfect"...you will always make changes.
Just haven’t had things go my way lately or something else happens followed by the next. I just didn’t want to mist the same amount of time every time and that’s how it is going to be with the Repeat Cycle timer. Wanted to mist 2 minutes in the morning after the lights come on and mist 5 minutes in the early afternoon and mist 2 minutes several hours before lights out. I can’t achieve that with the Repeat Cycle Timer. It will be 5 minutes every time if I keep this Repeat Cycle timer. I just didn’t want to spend money that I didn’t have to but I will have to anyway.

Just haven’t had things go my way lately or something else happens followed by the next. I just didn’t want to mist the same amount of time every time and that’s how it is going to be with the Repeat Cycle timer. Wanted to mist 2 minutes in the morning after the lights come on and mist 5 minutes in the early afternoon and mist 2 minutes several hours before lights out. I can’t achieve that with the Repeat Cycle Timer. It will be 5 minutes every time if I keep this Repeat Cycle timer. I just didn’t want to spend money that I didn’t have to but I will have to anyway.
Yeah, for that schedule you would need to have the seconds timer unfortunately. Hope you can get things worked out quickly!

My last problem is this last enclosure with branch setup and 2 of my pothos plants thinned out...
You may still have to manually water a few plants. I aim the nozzles to get the biggest area of spray, but there are some plants in the back that don't get hit & some plants that require more water than the misting allows. I still water those by hand.

Back
Top Bottom