Misting

birdlover71

So what are your thoughts on increased mistings? I had the mister scheduled every 3 hours for 1 minutes. With hand mistings in between. Because I thought with the furnace on and last time I had Ben out he seems dehydrated and skin dry. So today I increased the misting on the schedule for every hour for 15 seconds with hand mistings in between.

What are your thoughts? Mine were to give him every opportunity to drink and help hydrated and to increase the humidty. Or should I just run the humidfier?

thanks...Amy

I would do the 3-4 hour schedule but increase the length of the mist, to say 3 minutes. I feel like just doing more tiny burst of mist (15 seconds isn't very long at all, are your leaves even wet afterwards?) isn't going to solve very much except raising humidity a tiny bit. I think 3 minutes of water will get everything nice and wet, will let him soak in the water a little bit, and still evaporate ok at the end of the day.

Ya during the winter i run mine 5min 3 times a day, and keep a small fan blowing on the bottom of the cage. I evaporate about a half gallon a day.

Back
Top Bottom