Misting Systems?

DraaKo

What misting system would be better herpmist or mist king?
I would like to here form people who have these systems,also i only have one cham he is a male vieled what system would be better for him? Your opinons wolud be great

Thanks

the pumps are exactly the same so it comes down to nozzle preference, whether you want to go the cost effective way or the premium way

i plan on testing both nozzles but doubt very many people have had the chance to compare the two side by side

I'm also up in arms about which one to purchase but am leaning more toward mist king due to the premium black nozzles, those are sweet looking

and eliminate a little bit of the hoakey look of the white nozzles with red tips etc, its all a matter of personal choice, a lot of people would be happy saving a few bucks especially on multiple cages

but i know for a home edition I would probably want the mist king nozzles, in my opinion.

The red and white doesn't bother me so much as proformence i just want something that will last and not breakdown in time of need. oh would a heater in the reservoir be a good idea?

the pumps of both companies are nice, it then becomes best price/located closest to you, i still think both companies have benefits, i really like both companies and wouldn't mind having either

i just really think the black nozzles look sexy

Check out the first few pages of this section of the forum. There is 3 or 4 threads discussing this within the past week or so ;):)

The emitters are exactly the same, too. I offer a wider range of emitters in both standard and drip reduced versions. My white plumbing fittings are certified by Coca-Cola for use in their fountain machines, so if anyone tries to tell you their stuff is better, they're feeding you a line of, well, false marketing.

Due to customer demand, I will have black nozzle assemblies for sale in a few days. I had resisted this for awhile so I could ensure that my nozzles stood out from the crowd not only in efficient design but also in color, but since MistKing copied my Screen Cage Adapter (well, he left out the screw holes and charges $1 more) I figure "why not give the customers what they want?"

good info laser gecko

I'm interested in this type of discussion now that there are 2 quality misting systems out there

lets try not to turn it into a war though

everyone copies everyone and thats how business stays competitive

you guys should be thanking each other :)

anyways i'm interested in learning any other determining factors, are both nozzle cleared for food usage

marty ?

lasergecko?

Due to customer demand, I will have black nozzle assemblies for sale in a few days. I had resisted this for awhile so I could ensure that my nozzles stood out from the crowd not only in efficient design but also in color, but since MistKing copied my Screen Cage Adapter (well, he left out the screw holes and charges $1 more) I figure "why not give the customers what they want?"

I had screen adapters on the back burner for a while. In fact I've been telling people to use a piece of acrylic in the corner for years. Way before your herpmist time. There's nothing spectacular or unique about the design. You seem to forget that I was the first to offer adjustable nozzles in North America, many years ago. My systems are used in ZOOs, Botanical Gardens, Universities and institutions all over the world. As far as I'm concerned your nozzles are a virtual copy of mine. I really don't want to hijack this thread and would rather take this private, but let me just say that you've seem to copied every single of my patent pending nozzle configurations with the exception of 1 fitting. That’s OK, everyone is free to do what they want. If you want to talk about bad marketing, You have been trying to undermine my integrity on your website since day one, before you even had a shopping cart installed, that's why I asked you to remove the parts that were inaccurate and questionable. Now in addition your information is also badly outdated and doesn't relate to me one bit as my product line has been changed, yet you conveniently keep it around. That's bad marketing and it ticks me off. I don't mind if you contrast and compare, but be sure you're accurate and without the unnecessary sarcastic and condescending undertones. Do your thing and I’ll do mine. Let’s try to do it fairly and without stepping all over each other.

IMO this isn't the place for this type of dialouge to take place...

You guys both have good setups and its because of your competitive spirits that your systems have evolved and will continue to evolve

tiger woods wouldn't be as good as he is today if he didn't have really really good pros placing 2nd-5th

michael jordan wouldn't be as great if there were no charles barkely, partick ewing etc

barry bonds wouldn't have hit as many homeruns if he didn't take steroids

oh man that last one didn't quite work :D

Dank,

My system's reservoir, tubing, pump, fittings, and nozzles are National Science Foundation certified to be safe for use with human food products. The only exceptions are the stainless steel filter (it's made from food grade stainless steel) and the hose washer (it's rated food safe, but there's no NSF stamp on it).

I'm not interested in starting a war, especially on a message forum because it's not the place for it. However, things are being said about me by forum members, this is the best way to make a statement so that everyone can read it.

I've always said that I appreciate the support of my friends and customers. Some people were one before the other. :)

good, lets move on. Just to correct you though.

NSF - National Sanitation Foundation.

National Science Foundation doesn't certify products, it funds research.

well anyways to the orriginal poster i have a herpmist one, and i
also have one veiled cham. you only really need the hobbiest
system. it works well for one. one thing you do need is a timer tho.
my total cost was about $175 with the hobbiest and timer included.
i got it shipped with 2-3 day usps, and it was here in i think 2.

they have the choise to use red tiped or white tiped nossels with 80 degree
spray, there is another that i think is grey and has 120 degree spray,
and another i dont no what its spray is.

i have two white 80 degrees becuase my cham likes to bite things that are
red and ill save him the hassle of him biteing it.

i bought a white menards bucket for like 4.50 and i hotglued the
tube that goes to the pump to the side so it reaches the bottom.
i also put a fishtank heater in there to keep the water warm.

i plan on getting more chams, so this will work for that aswell.

i think you only need something this simple if you have one cham.
it works really well and the hardest and most time consuming thing
about setting it up was trying to figure out when you want your misting
to begin and end.

hope this helps, if you have any specific questions then just ask.

it can run up to 16 nossles.

i have a 2x2x4 cage and i have two nossles in the frot two corners of my cage
due to the possition of the lights (i had a lightbulb blow up on me
last week when i was hand spraying)

if it is 3x2x2 you can do two as well or you can use one.
if you have two cages you can do one in each cage because you get
two nossles with the setup.

hey night crawler great info

interested to know how much shipping was on that priority box to your house

they almost always get it there in 2 days to 80 percent of the country except high traffic times like the holidays, and they still manage to go a good job

info like this is great, please keep your experiences coming since the forum is open

i just did the math and it was like $18 give or take.

and might i say the $16.50 timer works good enough for me.
i dont no what the $80 one has on it that makes it better,
but if someone knows then please tell me.

Back
Top Bottom