Misting system

Addictions

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the 9/16th drill bit needed to install the Mistking...I have been to Walmart and Home depot and can't find it..Thanks so much in advance.

Yasmine

why do you need it? are you trying to mount the pump to a board? Home Depot has this drill bit - did you ask someone for help?

Yea I did but he couldn't find it either. No I am not mounting it to anything. Don't I need it to drill the hole into the container that holds the water?

Try Lowe's, they seam to have pretty much everything and better customer service then depot. You want a spade bit if they have it, but a hole saw will due if they don't have it.:)

-Jay

Just setup my mistking yesterday. Home depot definitely has the drillbit you need, its called a "9/16 spade drillbit". Go back there and ask someone else for help, it will be in the hardware section. You need to use the drillbit to drill a hole about an inch up from the bottom of the water reservoir (bucket).

Try Lowe's, they seam to have pretty much everything and better customer service then depot. You want a spade bit if they have it, but a hole saw will due if they don't have it.:)

-Jay

hole saw!??! LOL we're talking 9/16" here LOL

You won't find a 9/16" speed bit (the kind that have spirals. aka: flutes) but I am sure you can find a wood bit or.. spade as others have called it. Spade/wood bits are flat with a center point and most likely two points on the sides.

Thanks guys...I saw those I didn't specificly look at them so I don't know if they had those in 9/16th's but I will go back tomorrow..The guy showed me the ones that looked like spirals..Glad I thought to ask here.

hole saw!??! LOL we're talking 9/16" here LOL

You won't find a 9/16" speed bit (the kind that have spirals. aka: flutes) but I am sure you can find a wood bit or.. spade as others have called it. Spade/wood bits are flat with a center point and most likely two points on the sides.

Kev, I was just trying to give her other options in case they didn't have a spade bit. They do make hole saws down to 9/16", http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/accessory_category_detail.asp?categoryID=885 I just didn't want the op to leave the store upset and empty handed. I could also suggest if they don’t have the spade bit or hole saw that you get the next closest size to 9/16" bit and a rat tail file and file the hole to enlarge it. It does not have to be pretty or by the book, just functional. I own over 6k in Snap-On and Mac tools(was going to marine mechanics school), and still have to improvise every now and then. It doesn't matter how you get from "A" to "B", just that you get there.

-Jay

Last edited:
dont use a regular drill bit it will shatter your hole if your using plastic. i had to step up each size in order to keep from using a spade bit, but it would be a crap ton easier to use the spade than anything

I was at Home Depot ealier. I took this pic for ya. This is a wood bit. I think it was a few bucks.

IMG_0317.jpg

Kev, I was just trying to give her other options in case they didn't have a spade bit. They do make hole saws down to 9/16", http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/accessory_category_detail.asp?categoryID=885 I just didn't want the op to leave the store upset and empty handed. I could also suggest if they don’t have the spade bit or hole saw that you get the next closest size to 9/16" bit and a rat tail file and file the hole to enlarge it. It does not have to be pretty or by the book, just functional. I own over 6k in Snap-On and Mac tools(was going to marine mechanics school), and still have to improvise every now and then. It doesn't matter how you get from "A" to "B", just that you get there.

-Jay

My Snap-On hole is just as deep as yours! LOL and it all fits into one small ass box :cool: damn tools... not cheap.

I looked at hole saws... smallest at HD was 1"..... but yes... it could work (if they had the right size. I wasn't doubting you, just thought it was a bit over kill :p

Damn Snap-On............:D

I was at Home Depot ealier. I took this pic for ya. This is a wood bit. I think it was a few bucks.

IMG_0317.jpg

These are the exact drillbits I used from home depot. I didn't have a power drill at home, so I had one of the employees from home depot do it there for me. He pulled the drillbit out of the package, drilled the hole and then put the drillbit back on the rack! I didn't have to pay anything :D

These are the exact drillbits I used from home depot. I didn't have a power drill at home, so I had one of the employees from home depot do it there for me. He pulled the drillbit out of the package, drilled the hole and then put the drillbit back on the rack! I didn't have to pay anything :D

LOL!!!! That is awesome! :D

You can always use step-bits too. A bit on the pricey side though if you're just going to drill a single hole.
Picture001.jpg

-Jay

My Snap-On hole is just as deep as yours! LOL and it all fits into one small ass box :cool: damn tools... not cheap.

I looked at hole saws... smallest at HD was 1"..... but yes... it could work (if they had the right size. I wasn't doubting you, just thought it was a bit over kill :p

Damn Snap-On............:D

C'mon, you gotta love the snap on man.... I know what you guys mean my toolbox from snap-on was $12,000(not a typo), and then the $10,000 in tools to fill it. In case some of you are wondering what a $12,000 toolbox looks like I posted a pic. Sorry for the momentary thread hijack.
Picture046.jpg

Thanks guys..Especially for the picture..But the $12,000 tool box..All I can say is wooooow..Men love tools..LLS..I am going back today to see what I can come up with..

WooT!! NeckCar!:rolleyes: *Anouncers voice* "Look ladies and gentlemen, they are making a left turn.....and another one.....and..." I don't understand how people can watch that on tv...:confused: I have been to a few races here at the California Speedway, but was never able to stay the whole race.:eek:

-Jay

WooT!! NeckCar!:rolleyes: *Anouncers voice* "Look ladies and gentlemen, they are making a left turn.....and another one.....and..." I don't understand how people can watch that on tv...:confused: I have been to a few races here at the California Speedway, but was never able to stay the whole race.:eek:

-Jay

:p I completely agree, actually I can't stand nascar, but it was a limited edition toolbox #141 of 1000. I thought it might be an investment because of how expensive earnhardt stuff got after he died(kinda like famous paintings). I ended up trading it in after a couple years for a brand new box, about the same price. No top section, just longer by 2 drawer sections, basically almost double the width of the box in the picture. I prefer Baja or Lemans if I'm going to watch racing.

:p I completely agree, actually I can't stand nascar, but it was a limited edition toolbox #141 of 1000. I thought it might be an investment because of how expensive earnhardt stuff got after he died(kinda like famous paintings). I ended up trading it in after a couple years for a brand new box, about the same price. No top section, just longer by 2 drawer sections, basically almost double the width of the box in the picture. I prefer Baja or Lemans if I'm going to watch racing.

F1 baby..... F1.... This season is turning out great!

F1 baby..... F1.... This season is turning out great!

Don't forget Rally!

Yeah I really don't get the appeal of nascar. Going strait then left over n over is well boring. On the other hand I love drag racing. Something about a car passing you at over 300 mph is just exhilarating.

Back
Top Bottom