Mist King water type

Duma

Well I drank the kool aid and bought a mist King. I already have a monsoon with so I'm excited to see the difference. With the monsoon I only use distilled water. Is this recommended for the mist King or does it not matter?

I use R.O. water it's about the same. If you use regular tap water hard water deposits could clog your misters IMHO.

Well I drank the kool aid and bought a mist King. I already have a monsoon with so I'm excited to see the difference. With the monsoon I only use distilled water. Is this recommended for the mist King or does it not matter?
You don't have to use distilled water but it is recommended. The minerals in water over time will clog the nozzles and possibly the pump.

I used to use distilled but then I saw at Walmart that they have a refill water statio. That has R/O water and it is cheaper to refill than my new jugs of distilled. I noticed tonight that I accidentally let the reservoir run dry ...and it didn't burn up the motor ! Thank goodness. Lessons learned

While distilled water is great for the nozzles and water marks, it is not good for the chameleon. I use RO. If my nozzles get a little clogged--larger droplets instead of a fog--I'll run a gallon or two of distilled water through the system. That cleans them up.

While distilled water is great for the nozzles and water marks, it is not good for the chameleon. I use RO. If my nozzles get a little clogged--larger droplets instead of a fog--I'll run a gallon or two of distilled water through the system. That cleans them up.
Please tell me why distilled water isn't good for chameleons?

I use the Purified Water from the refillable stations as well. Here is a discription of the different kinds of water that I got off the net.

Distilled water
— Distilled water is a type of purified water. It’s water that has gone through a rigorous filtration process to strip it not only of contaminants, but any natural minerals as well. This water is best for use in small appliances — like hot water urns, or steam irons, because if you use it, you won’t have that mineral buildup that you often get when you use tap water. Though it may seem counterintuitive, this water is not necessarily the best for human consumption, since all of the water’s natural, and often beneficial, minerals are absent.

Purified water — Purified water is water that comes from any source, but has been purified to remove any chemicals or contaminants. Types of purification include distillation, deionization, reverse osmosis, and carbon filtration. Like distilled water, it has its advantages and disadvantages, the advantages being that potentially harmful chemicals may be taken out and the disadvantage being that beneficial minerals may be taken out as well.

Spring water — This is what you often find in bottled water. It’s from an underground source and may or may not have been treated and purified. Though spring water sounds more appealing (like many others, I imagine my spring water coming from a rushing spring at the base of a tall, snow-capped mountain), it’s not necessarily the best water for drinking if you have other options. Studies done by the NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) have found contaminants in bottled water such as coliform, arsenic and phthalates. A lot of bottled water is labeled as spring water, but the source of that water is often a mystery, as this Environmental Working Group report makes clear. This topic has been a popular one in recent years, sparking plenty of controversy.

Distilled water is pure water. It has been boiled and the steam condensed. It is slightly acidic and pulls electrolytes and calcium out of the body. It absorbs everything. It's not good to drink.

Distilled water also attracts co2 like a magnet and due to the lack of other minerals that are usually present to buffer It becomes very acidic very quickly, one if the reasons sodas are so bad is they are all made with distilled water then caffeine and sugars are added so it's a nasty acidic drink that's going to do a lot of damage in the long run. Remember with ro water or purified stuff the chlorine has usually been removed, it's purpose was to kill bacteria so your ro water no longer has that capability and over time dependent on circumstances will be a breeding ground for all sorts of nasties. The water reps drink that falls as rain was pure distilled when it left the clouds but as it travelled down picked up dust and contaminants, I would think fresh distilled water or ro is closest to their natural intake but I'm.unsure how long after distillation or purifying it will remain bacteria free and the pH won't change, they don't usually get mineral intake from rainwater as it hasn't any whereas we do as our water comes from the tap and is buffered to have a neutral PH

I use tap water since it's good drinkable quality in the Netherlands, figured it also contains calcium and other minerals so it may be better for my cham than osmosis or distilled water would be.
I'll just buy a new nozzle or pump if it's clogged beyond repair, the new set is around 100€ for a set with a pump similar to the mistking so it's not that bad...

It's a dilemma, the tap water contains lots of other junk and chemicals though that would not be present in the wild, think I'll use tap water for a while and maybe run some citric acid through the system once a month or so or buy a cheap electric still from.fleabay and make it daily to avoid contamination

Back
Top Bottom