Mist king resevoir

im using a tuper ware container with lid to keep the dust out just cut the hole in one of the corners its stronger wont bend and wont leak. its about 21.25 w 14.5 d 13 h it will last probibly like 5-7 days dependiong on timer schedual

I started with a plastic garbage can, then a 5 gallon bucket, and now a rubbermaid container that holds 18 gallons. I house 6 Chams, run 6 misters for 20 minutes 2 times daily. I was refilling the garbage can which is 12 inches tall by 10 inches wide by 7 inches deep daily, and ran out of water too much. The 5 gallon was filled every 2-1/2 days. I went to the 18 gallon so that if I am away for 4-5 days, my wife doesn't have to fill the reservoir. Put a cover over the reservoir so dust won't get in the water, but don't clamp it down so the chlorine can dissapate.

If you have 1 Cham, I would use a 5 gallon. To give the Cham warmer water, fill the reservoir right before the misting begins with the HOTTEST tap water you can. When it mists it will not be too hot, but will be warm to the touch.
Hope this helps.

Nick:D

I wouldn't advise using tap water as over time it will clog the nozzles..So I hear anyhow. You might want to double check with Marty himself about this though..I use distilled water..Just some FYI

I use a water container I bought at the fish store. It holds 5 gallons and has a screw on lid and flat sides that the bulkhead fits nice and snug in. I use tap water and I found in 2 years now I had to clean out the nozzles for the 2nd time today. The first time I used CLR and today I used a nozzle cleaning liquid made for misting nozzles. I bought it at home depot in the misting area and I have to say this made my 2 year old nozzles flow like new again. Just let them soak for 30 mins. in it and they are done.

Will boiling your tap water help with build up in the nozzles? Not to mention be better for your chams...

Back
Top Bottom