Missing tooth

Hi today my chameleon had gotten angry and opened his mouth and getting an opertunity to look in his mouth I see on the lower jaw is a missing tooth
He however doesn't have mouth rot and I'm just worried he won't be able to eat without it just one single tooth and can they regrow them ill speak to person who had him before me because when I went on holiday I left him with a friend with other chameleons of his species I worry they may have had a fight buy that's all I'm quit annoyed at him because this looks fearly new and the reason I gave him to my friend was because there's not mutch places who look after chameleons here

Last edited:
Hi today my chameleon had gotten angry and opened his mouth and getting an opertunity to look in his mouth I see on the lower jaw is a missing tooth
He however doesn't have mouth rot and I'm just worried he won't be able to eat without it just one single tooth and can they regrow them ill speak to person who had him before me because when I went on holiday I left him with a friend with other chameleons of his species I worry they may have had a fight buy that's all I'm quit annoyed at him because this looks fearly new and the reason I gave him to my friend was because there's not mutch places who look after chameleons here
I’d like to see a pic or two. Chameleons teeth aren’t like ours that are in sockets in our jaw. Instead, they are a part of the skull. They do not regrow. I haven’t heard of a cham losing a tooth before, so I can’t offer much advice. Perhaps @jannb or @JacksJill can offer some of their wisdom and experience.

I’d like to see a pic or two. Chameleons teeth aren’t like ours that are in sockets in our jaw. Instead, they are a part of the skull. They do not regrow. I haven’t heard of a cham losing a tooth before, so I can’t offer much advice. Perhaps @jannb or @JacksJill can offer some of their wisdom and experience.
Yeah it's just one little tooth and I will take a picture tomorrow he is asleep I know people say it can be fights ore mouth rot but he's perfectly healthy im just worried if the missing tooth will cause any problems to eat
Ok after putting some pressure on my friend I finally figured out why rango my chameleon had eaten some big bug and friend panicked and tried to get bug out of chameleon mouth when the chameleon then bite the thing he used to pull it out and he got a fright and pulled the object and chameleons tooth broke

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom