Missing part of front foot.

JessG

Just got a chance to observe my new baby closely. And noticed he’s “special”. He’s missing a part of his front foot, as I am not an experienced keeper. I’m wondering if he’ll be able to climb around like “normal” Chams do. It looks like an old injury or defect. As it’s all healed up and no blood.

C28B54A6-0AB3-43B4-947C-B88AF7846C89.jpeg
03CFB84B-1431-4574-B982-EF91BDFBD9EB.jpeg
To get good opinions we need to see pictures of the foot.

Poor sweet little baby. I don't think it should slow him down any. I hope whoever you got him from gave you a deal though.

He should do fine. The breeder probably left the babie together to long and a silbling most likely bit his toes off. If left together to long they get rowdy and nip off feet and tails. The only other thing I can think of would be his foot was closed in the cage door.

Poor sweet little baby. I don't think it should slow him down any. I hope whoever you got him from gave you a deal though.
He did not mention anything to me. I will be keeping the baby regardless. Was just making sure he’ll be okay. I know how important their feet are!
I will be contacting the breeder regardless.

He should do fine. The breeder probably left the babie together to long and a silbling most likely bit his toes off. If left together to long they get rowdy and nip off feet and tails. The only other thing I can think of would be his foot was closed in the cage door.
Good to know he’ll be okay. I wasn’t told he was missing anything at all.

Back
Top Bottom