minimum cage space for T. Jacksons?

ChamSky

Fell in love with chams and so far my male veiled is doing fantastic and my feeder insects are breeding great.
Looking to get a juvi male Jacksons.
Going with reptibreeze. (My male is in the XL)
What size would be appropriate? I heard they don't need AS much room as a adult veiled.
Also heard less heat more humidity? Is this true?
I own a mist king so I can just hook it up to that cage as well.

Fell in love with chams and so far my male veiled is doing fantastic and my feeder insects are breeding great.
Looking to get a juvi male Jacksons.
Going with reptibreeze. (My male is in the XL)
What size would be appropriate? I heard they don't need AS much room as a adult veiled.
Also heard less heat more humidity? Is this true?
I own a mist king so I can just hook it up to that cage as well.

If you look under the Resources tab above it will give you some good basic info on jacksoni. Yes, they do need higher humidity, cooler temps, more careful supplementation. Frankly, if you provide the space they will use it. I don't keep my jax in smaller cages than I would my veiled as they seem to use more of the thermal microhabitats a larger cage provides (such as seeking out the cooler more humid areas at night). The problem you may have with "just hooking up the Mist king" is that your jax will want more frequent longer misting than your veiled will.

Yes. Jacksons will require a bit more humidity than your Veil. I would put a Jackson in the same size enclosure (2'x2'x4'). Just supplement the MistKing with a fogger or something else to keep humidity. The temps are also a bit lower than what is needed for the Veil.

You should check these forums for more detailed information. But, those are the basics that I know.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advise! I wasn't looking for anything in depth since I know I can use the search feature but like you guys said, just basic. Just to see what I'm dealing with here on a basic scale :)

Back
Top Bottom