Mineral oil for shedding?

A friend of mine told me to put some mineral oil on Leo for his shedding skin, it has been shedding for a while and is going very slowly. It may be from his UVB light :confused: He has a linear 10.0 with a fine mesh aluminum screen top and his basking spot is 10" below, I am going to raise the light higher up I just need to find something that will hold it. So anyway my question is has anyone else used mineral oil on the skin to help shed? Besides water... I mist him down a few times daily.

I have heard this is safe although there really is no need. They frequently keep little bits of shed on them for quite awhile. That said, I was told if you take the mineral oil and rub it on your hands, then pick up your cham and gently stroke the cham that should be ok.

Good luck

I don't like to put anything on their skin just in case there is a reaction. At most I might rub wet fingers or a bit of damp cloth over old shed instead. Unless the shed is stuck on toes where it might constrict blood flow I don't really worry about it.

I don't like to put anything on their skin just in case there is a reaction. At most I might rub wet fingers or a bit of damp cloth over old shed instead. Unless the shed is stuck on toes where it might constrict blood flow I don't really worry about it.

Well it's not old shed it's shedding skin that is very slowly shedding, like his casque started when I got him and it is only to the top of his back now, nothing else, and it's not really like a normal shed so I didn't know if it was from the UVB light. I don't have a picture and he is sleeping right now, but I looked at him and it doesn't look as bad as it used to. Maybe it is from stress?

Back
Top Bottom