Midwest Chameleon Keepers!

kpritch17

Hey, so I've come to realize that it seems like almost everyone in the chameleon world live somewhere on the coast. I know a few people in Kansas with chameleons, but I was just wondering how many of you guys live in the midwest..I'm from Kansas :)

There are a few of us in the greater Chicagoland area (i.e. Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan), which is considered the "Midwest" (although I don't consider this the Midwest since I am originally from the Denver area which, to me, is the midwest.....:rolleyes:)

There's more than I would have thought! Do you guys go to any reptile shows during the year? And what kind of chams do you keep??

There's more than I would have thought! Do you guys go to any reptile shows during the year? And what kind of chams do you keep??

Yes, I am a vendor at many shows in this area (although have yet to go down to Kansas for any...) and in many other parts of the country. I keep and breed panthers, carpets, melleri and a couple other types and also several types of geckos as well.

No Denver is the east of west America.

Actually, where I come from people consider it "the West". Most people are surprised that we actually have running water and think you can actually "ride off into the sunset". :rolleyes:

There are a couple more in MI that I know of.

Hallenhe - Mid-Michigan Area.

Danielle609 - Grand Rapids, MI.

Just throwing it out there, what would be the chance of some kind of Midwest Chameleon Keepers Club??

Yes, I am a vendor at many shows in this area (although have yet to go down to Kansas for any...) and in many other parts of the country. I keep and breed panthers, carpets, melleri and a couple other types and also several types of geckos as well.

Have you ever made it up to any of the Michigan Shows? Like Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Lansing or Taylor?

I have only been to the KC Reptile Show.

I was hoping we could start some sort of Midwest Club if there were enough people. What do you guys think??

And yes, when I first moved to KS a couple of years ago, people told me stories of how people ask if we ride tractors to school and work lol

Trouble with the midwest is - it's so big. Michigan, Chicagoland, I could see going for some sort of Chameleon Convocation; Kansas is a wee bit of a drive. It does seem like Florida and California get all the cool expos.

Have you ever made it up to any of the Michigan Shows? Like Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, Lansing or Taylor?

Yes, I've mozied on up that way a couple of times. No offense, but those shows are not worth my time or the gas because they really don't generate a whole lot of sales.

Trouble with the midwest is - it's so big. Michigan, Chicagoland, I could see going for some sort of Chameleon Convocation; Kansas is a wee bit of a drive. It does seem like Florida and California get all the cool expos.

Agreed. It would be nice if we could swing it, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

Yes, I've mozied on up that way a couple of times. No offense, but those shows are not worth my time or the gas because they really don't generate a whole lot of sales.

Oh, no offense taken. I dont blame you. With what Ive seen lately, I wonder how many people cant even cover their table cost....let alone any other expense.

I was hoping to make it to NARBC this year, but alas.....it looks like I will have to wait yet longer... :(

Actually, where I come from people consider it "the West". Most people are surprised that we actually have running water and think you can actually "ride off into the sunset". :rolleyes:

I was only kidding about the east of west thing. I guess it wasn't as funny as it was in my head.

But yea I agree with the majority of cool meetings are happening where snow is not so common.

What's the biggest reptile show-with the most chameleons-in the midwest area?? AKA so I don't have to drive to one of the coasts lol

What's the biggest reptile show-with the most chameleons-in the midwest area?? AKA so I don't have to drive to one of the coasts lol

That would most likely be the NARBC show which is (except for the one last weekend which was a benefit show) held in October. Otherwise, we have a decent local show that takes place 2x per month in the Chicago suburbs and I am generally there with chams and cham supplies but there are a lot of other things there and other supplies, too.

Back
Top Bottom