Meller's

Give small dosages twice a week, but back off if throat swelling manifest. Sometimes, by the time eye issues are showing, it can be very difficult to reverse the problem. You should consult an experienced vet, though my experience was that no vets had an answer for me at that time.

For the sweeling she look better today so i wish everything gonna be ok in the futur! maybe she is a bit overweight.. your advise?[/ATTACH]
WIN_20170203_18_05_52_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WIN_20170203_18_06_38_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20170203_18_06_38_Pro.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
She looks pretty good to my eyes!
She is not showing gravid coloration, however. I'd cut back on her feedings either by only feeding 4-5 days a week and/or less feeders each feeding. Melleri are gluttons!

Man it was cool just reading along with some of the heavy hitters in the Cham game, so interesting to see how much knowledge each of you grand master chameleon keepers have

Real heavy hitters are people that had to problem solve at some point, which means they may have made mistakes and/or cared for chameleons with numerous health issues. I consider myself malleable, rather than an expert. I'm willing to research to the ends of the Earth and can layer information from other hobbies to sift through information. What I am not is someone who thinks I know better than anyone else nor someone that won't share things I'd have done differently as well as my successes. This and many other hobbies are full of elitist attitudes that are proclaimed experts, but they don't share their methods, have never had to deal with major health concerns, or fail to admit to failures. I'm happy to share what I can, if it contributes to a working body of knowledge and I'm not afraid to ignore expert advice that comes from places that don't have any substance to back up what they tell you. If someone tells you there's only one way to accomplish something, think carefully about your source.

I have never dealt with the more complicated species, but I have dealt with severe health issues with my rehabilitations and just general things that happen with poor genes/care. Yet I to view myself as someone who always has something to learn, is never afraid to try something out of the box/norm, I personally have learned chameleons are extremely different in care requirements individually some of the same species just generally don't do as well as some others do with certain types of care, I also never think it is impossible to do wrong... with any animal, I screw up consistantly even when trying to do the best or following the advice of others, but I am always willing to admit the wrong (share my experiences) and look for other ways. I think in many ways, this is a huge part to caring for any animal in general. I think anyone who is willing to share their information they have gleaned and is willing to say I screwed up here and ask for help, is miles ahead of most of the human race. <3

Back
Top Bottom