Meet the real Sonny, the Trioceros Jacksonii Xantholophus

I haven't dealt with this personally but the scales are likely lost for good and that will always be a scar and have a shed issue. He may have rubbed in transit or in an attempt to shed on something too hard/sharp.
I see a lot of Jacks with shed remaining between the horns I find it isn't as much stuck as just "floating" in a space that rarely gets contact. After a couple weeks I take a damp q-tip and remove it more for my sanity than their health. It looks like the shed on his head is there because of husbandry and poor availability of plants to move through. Give it a few weeks and then make an enemy of him by trying to q-tip it off. I have seen many layers build up over time. Let him settle for now and see if he doesn't deal with it as he moves around in a proper cage. There is always the risk of creating more scars if you do too much rubbing, be gentle.

I haven't dealt with this personally but the scales are likely lost for good and that will always be a scar and have a shed issue. He may have rubbed in transit or in an attempt to shed on something too hard/sharp.
I see a lot of Jacks with shed remaining between the horns I find it isn't as much stuck as just "floating" in a space that rarely gets contact. After a couple weeks I take a damp q-tip and remove it more for my sanity than their health. It looks like the shed on his head is there because of husbandry and poor availability of plants to move through. Give it a few weeks and then make an enemy of him by trying to q-tip it off. I have seen many layers build up over time. Let him settle for now and see if he doesn't deal with it as he moves around in a proper cage. There is always the risk of creating more scars if you do too much rubbing, be gentle.
Poor fella.....that´s what I was afraid of. I don´t have any intention to interfere with his shed and trust it comes loose from itself. Most important for now is, he gets happy 😇
Thank you very much for the clarification 👏

Speaking of majestic........

B3E3E098-9A95-465A-8225-07A643949C56.jpeg

His colors are already vibrant

D168E35E-DE58-4EE2-9A74-7653E5FDC71D.jpeg

I´m soo excited Sonny yesterday started his first shed during my care. It was a quick shed with only some pieces left. His colours are now sooo vibrant, it´s almost impossible to capture on camera. The blue at his rear starts to come out more and more. And the green is extremely bright.

Best of all his eyes are regenerating, slowly the scales are growing back and it starts to look normal. We truly never regret a second, we took him in! This is truly an amazing species and I understand why people fall in love with them. Unless I need to say that everyone of our friends is in love with Bella, they find Sonny a bit spookey

Sonny2.jpg
Sonny3.jpg

Last edited:
I´m soo excited Sonny yesterday started his first shed during my care. It was a quick shed with only some pieces left. His colours are now sooo vibrant, it´s almost impossible to capture on camera. The blue at his rear starts to come out more and more. And the green is extremely bright.

Best of all his eyes are regenerating, slowly the scales are growing back and it starts to look normal. We truly never regret a second, we took him in! This is truly an amazing species and I understand why people fall in love with them. Unless I need to say that everyone of our friends is in love with Bella, they find Sonny a bit spookey

View attachment 311074View attachment 311075
Peer pressure... Creating multiple cham households everyday :hilarious:

He is adorable ❤️

Back
Top Bottom