Meet Poppy the jumping spider!

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
My new little girly spider arrived this morning. She is a Regal Jumping spider (Phidippus Regius) the same as my beautiful Bella, who died at the start of the year. I'm so happy to have another sweet jumper girl, she's adorable! Everyone meet Poppy!

Attachments

• 20180322_114337.jpg
    20180322_114337.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 157
  • 20180322_113201.jpg
    20180322_113201.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20180322_114349.jpg
    20180322_114349.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 158
You are definitely addicted! So cute!
How big is it??
She's tiny!

And so the madness continues... I will admit, the 2nd photo where it looks like she's in a paper towel tube, is pretty darn cute. But those 4 eyes just squick me out...
She is in a tiny cardboard tube, lol! It's not full sized. That would be awesome if they got that big! She has another 4 eyes that you can't see!

Careful, these 2 will try to bring you to the dark side. Believe it or not, just about 1 year ago they both despised spiders. Personally I think they got into some toxic ooze, or something, and we've got a couple of future superheros on our hands :D
Yes, it's true. This time last year I had recently fallen in love with the Regal jumping spider females. I had my first girl, Ethel Webster but I was so scared of her, but at the same time I loved her! I went on to get two juveniles, Buster & Bella. Anyway, cutting it short Ethel laid an egg sac and died so I had loads of babies to raise last summer! It took 8 months for me to pluck up courage to hold Bella. I wasted so much time because of my fear, as, sadly, Bella died in January. In September I added two pink toe tarantula spiderlings and have now got 7 tarantulas of various sizes. One simply can't have just one spider, they are like chameleons, but smaller with more legs and eyes!

Aahhh I’ve never thought a spider was cute! But this really is adorable! But seriously how exactly do you despise spiders then a year later have so many??!

Back
Top Bottom