Meet my new Kilgour Nosy Be!

thePopeJP

The story of meeting my new Kilgour Nosy Be!

Alright. I've had this guy for a few days, and it's been quite a ride! I spent about a month studying chameleons and getting the perfect setup, talked to Tom on the phone for at least enough time to make him never want to talk to me again, haha. Tom is really a top notch breeder, and if you haven't bought a Cham from him, you should! He held onto this little guy for me for the entire time, from age 3months to age 4months, letting me get everything ready. (It was painfully hard to not have him for a whole month!)

Begin...

Upon picking him up, Tom had him ready to go. However, we first had to get Tom's dogs' permission to enter the house, and then his lovely grey Persian cat (with an awesome haircut I might add) came to give us the final approval.
thepersianjudge.jpg

Once past the rigorous canine and feline checkpoints, Tom met us and handed over this beautiful little guy, and some dinofuel, who was pitch black and politely suggesting (via chameleon sign language [which I learned here in the forums!]) to get him the heck out of the tiny cup!
getmeoutofhere.jpg

We next braved the 30 degree weather, back to my house, as I drove the new baby sat in the care of my lovely girlfriend (who was the initiator of this all, having surprised me with a Christmas gift of... "I'm going to buy you a chameleon")

We made it home, and if it was possible to be any darker than pitch black, he was that shade! So time to introduce him to his new home.

prettysetup.jpg

And then I thought, I know they say to just leave them alone... and that they won't hand feed for a long time... and that they may not even EAT for a few days... but I felt a special connection to this guy, and so I grabbed a cricket with my tweezers, and BAM!!! he grabbed it out of my hand! FIRST NIGHT HOME! :D

He's off to a great start.

googlyeyedstalker.jpg

lemmestrutmystuff.jpg

NO REALLY! I'M JUST A TWIG! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!! YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE ME! i'm so sneaky...
noreallyimatwig.jpg

gravityshift.jpg

The first morning, only a moment after I put in his first meal.
1->
breakfast1y.jpg

GET IN MY MOUTH!!!
2->
breakfast2o.jpg

SWALLOW! All fired up over his own awesomeness.
3->
breakfast3.jpg

baskinga.jpg

And finally...

heyguys.jpg

And now, we are fighting over what to name him :) (don't worry no bruises yet :) )

Reactions: Hoj
Love photos and the story to go along with it!!! Your baby didn't didn't waste any time eating!! Happy for you and you will have to keep sending out updated pictures so that we can watch it grow out. Congratulations!!! :)

I love your timeline and captions! Congrats on your new little guy which will become your obsession....you'll see what I mean!;)

I love your timeline and captions! Congrats on your new little guy which will become your obsession....you'll see what I mean!;)

TOO LATE!!! Already happened.

Thanks guys! and yeah... he's already made me have to work late a few nights taking care of him in the morning! ;)

i can feel your excitment and enjoyment from this thread, im very happy for you, and you new lil guy.
seems like he has a great home with you and your gf.
he looks great!!!

Nice choice of breeders tom is good guy. I got one of toms nosy be males in a trade for a female I produced. Your guy is prob my males little bro. Mines about 5 or 6 mos out of plasma. Oh & get ready the addiction just began. Lol..............

I can't wait to see him grow, I've been fighting low humidity, but finally got it up to 50% today :) and yeah he had no Problem eating ten crickets today, so waiting on a shed.

Nice choice of breeders tom is good guy. I got one of toms nosy be males in a trade for a female I produced. Your guy is prob my males little bro. Mines about 5 or 6 mos out of plasma. Oh & get ready the addiction just began. Lol..............

How exciting! Have you posted any pics?

i can feel your excitment and enjoyment from this thread, im very happy for you, and you new lil guy.
seems like he has a great home with you and your gf.
he looks great!!!

Yes, definitely excited. My gf is a little bummed because she still lives in Cincinnati (an hour away) and doesn't get to see him every day :(

Love photos and the story to go along with it!!! Your baby didn't didn't waste any time eating!! Happy for you and you will have to keep sending out updated pictures so that we can watch it grow out. Congratulations!!! :)

Yeah, I was so amazed when he ate from my hand when I had just moved him into his new cage! I don't feel like that's very usual...

And a quick update, we finally named him. We're calling him Leo, short for Chameleonardo... He's blue and we both were obsessed with ninja turtles growing up... So it had to be!

Yeah, not having him for a month made me miss him before I even had him. So now I've been kinda obsessed in the first week making sure he is comfortable and safe.

Back
Top Bottom