Mbd and dehydrated veiled chameleon

It's kinda funny in a mean way. I have to give him drops of water then the meds and he doesn't trust the syringe with water after that for a bit lol

@Shhweetp ...sorry for all that you went through.
Thank you. it’s nothing compared to what she went through. Bred in captivity, depending on humans to care for them, and Daisy got short handed but she was strong and kept trying to hold on... she didn’t get one to save her life. I hate that I failed her. It’s day 3 of her leaving... and it’s no easier for me. Everytime I go into the room with her home, I want to go up to it and check on her which is what I did every single day, all day... I’m completely broken right now.. given the wrong info but it’s no excuse. It was a life. They are such special animals. I feel so sad for all the others too that go home with inexperienced owners and lose their life. I mean the girl that had daisy before didnt have lights on her or live food .. and when I went to get her, she had been stashed in their garage in May, in Maryland (still chilly in mid-May) at 4 months old, because she posted her on Craigslist and her interest for her ran out. Her glass aquarium home was dusty and just Heart breaking. Their care level needs to be emphasized before sold to anyone. That’s why there’s so many rescues. Petsmart and Petco... need not sell them. That’s my rant. I’m forever changed from my engagement with a special little girl.

if my neighbor’s cham had only started showing symptoms a few days ago, should it be easily treatable? she has never had a reptile before, and i thought she was doing a great job taking care of him. i don’t want her to lose him bc she might not be able to get one ever again!

@SecretLifeofMrMinty ...you should start your own thread.
Your neighbor will need to take the chameleon rot a good chameleon vet to be sure how bad the MBD is and to get liquid calcium for the chameleon. Your neighbor should go over his/her husbandry for the chameleon too so that it won't happen again.

@SecretLifeofMrMinty ...you should start your own thread.
Your neighbor will need to take the chameleon rot a good chameleon vet to be sure how bad the MBD is and to get liquid calcium for the chameleon. Your neighbor should go over his/her husbandry for the chameleon too so that it won't happen again.
thank you! the vet ended up not really helping, so she went to the store that she got him at. i know you replied a while ago but by the way, he is completely healthy now! thank you for trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom