Mantis Place
Rebecca Wang Art
iPardalis
Serenity Silkworms
Rainbow Mealworms
Blackthorn Dragons
FramsChams

1st place: $50 gift certificate :cool:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: March 14, 2022
  • To enter the contest click here and look for the Add Media button.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the entry deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules.

dates
entry deadline: March 14
voting: March 15 - March 31
contest results will be announced on April 2, 2022

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest and feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

📌Contest Theme: Uncommon Species
For this month only chameleon species that have not won 1st place within the past year are eligible. In April we will return to the normal contest where all species are welcome.

Not eligible:
Chamaeleo calyptratus calyptratus
Calumma parsonii cristifer
Calumma parsonii parsonii
Furcifer pardalis
Kinyongia boehmia
Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii
Trioceros jacksonii merumontanus
Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus
Trioceros quadricornis quadricornis

uncommon-species.jpg

@Mendez How many species do you keep? I’ve been under the impression that you primarily have Jackson’s. Love little Twig btw. 🥰
You would be right. I have had my jackson's for 3.5+ years. It was my first species, but I always wanted to try out different species that aren't so mainstream. Last Halloween I pulled the trigger on purchasing a male satanic leaf tail gecko (U. phantasticus). And from there, I couldn't stop myself from buying more reptiles. I have two female Brookesia superciliaris (going to get a male soon) that I got in November of last year. And then about a month and a half ago, I purchased a pair of Furcifer willsii (Canopy chameleons). All of them have acclimated well and doing fantastic.

I really want to focus on one or two species of chameleons. My plans are to get more Furcifer willsii and pygmy chameleons in the near-ish future. I'd love to see these species become more established in captivity. Especially since Madagascar is on the brink of destruction and exports/imports might shut down soon.

And thanks! I love her too! 😊

I really want to focus on one or two species of chameleons. My plans are to get more Furcifer willsii and pygmy chameleons in the near-ish future. I'd love to see these species become more established in captivity. Especially since Madagascar is on the brink of destruction and exports/imports might shut down soon.

And thanks! I love her too! 😊
I had not heard any recent news about the status of Madagascar. The last I heard is they were going through the pandemic similar to the rest of the world and a server famine and drought, however were receiving aid.

Maybe Madagascar should consider a temporary close export quotas of chameleons of the new quota species. This is till conditions are appropriate again for the export of of the other Madagascar newly created quota species. The quota system was designed for this purpose.

Best Regard
Jeremy A. Rich

I am all about your girl!!! I feel like she is my spirit animal :hilarious:
I'm really not sure how to respond to this! 🤣

It's nice that someone can relate to Twig, but now I have to question if you are okay mentally. Are you always annoyed and also pissing people off because you have resting ***** face? If so, then I guess you would be correct, she is the spirit animal for you! 😅

But seriously, makes me happy to hear it haha

I'm really not sure how to respond to this! 🤣

It's nice that someone can relate to Twig, but now I have to question if you are okay mentally. Are you always annoyed and also pissing people off because you have resting ***** face? If so, then I guess you would be correct, she is the spirit animal for you! 😅

But seriously, makes me happy to hear it haha
I really feel like she could resemble my reaction to other humans when I go out in public these days. I find that I have a low tolerance for rudeness. But ehhhh yall know me... Too nice for my own good. So maybe I just wish I was more like her, expression mainly lol.

But ehhhh yall know me... Too nice for my own good.
We all appreciate your kindness--even if it causes harm/trouble to yourself at times. Taking the high road has a cost. But trust me, the light that comes from your kindness will greatly outshine the cloak of malice. (I should become a writer lol, that's not half bad). What I'm trying to say is: hang in there. You have done so many great things and I just want to let you know that you are appreciated and loved.

If I meet someone with Twig's facial expressions, I'll immediately ask them if they have a chameleon named Beman haha

Back
Top Bottom