Manual Misting or Misting System?

Yes, but start with something simpler so you know exactly how to customize a MistKing later on, unless you trust yourself to do some serious reading up on misting and MistKing

I cannot stress it enough in the long run the investment of the “MistKing” is a MUST, do your self a favour and get the starter set up ASAP, and when you get it you will say man I shoulda got this day 1

I ordered mine from joshsfrogs.com, but there could be better prices out there good luck.
I found a better price there, so thanks!
On a different note, I have been communicating with a breeder that has tons of great reviews on Facebook and is close to me. She offers cage setups but insists that an eighteen by eighteen by thirty-six inch cage would be good for a veiled male, though I think that's a bit better for a female. Thoughts?

I found a better price there, so thanks!
On a different note, I have been communicating with a breeder that has tons of great reviews on Facebook and is close to me. She offers cage setups but insists that an eighteen by eighteen by thirty-six inch cage would be good for a veiled male, though I think that's a bit better for a female. Thoughts?
18” by 18” by 36” tall is MINIMUM for a female, 2’ by 2’ by 4’ is MINIMUM for a male

I wasn't planning on getting a panther chameleon due to hearing that they are more difficult to care for and are pricier, but I seem to be able to find them more easily and also heard that their difficultness lies in heat and humidity sensitivity... But, if I am probably going to get a MistKing anyhow, should I consider Panthers too? I am totally new to Chameleon care...

I wasn't planning on getting a panther chameleon due to hearing that they are more difficult to care for and are pricier, but I seem to be able to find them more easily and also heard that their difficultness lies in heat and humidity sensitivity... But, if I am probably going to get a MistKing anyhow, should I consider Panthers too? I am totally new to Chameleon care...
What were you planning on getting instead?

I personally have only owned panthers, but I think they’re amazing! Humidity isn’t as big of an issue as I thought it would be, plus you don’t have to worry about their casques getting burned or feeding anything besides insects, like veileds. Just my personal opinion.

@ChamQuestions definitely go with the Mistking. It is a total game changer and even though it's a little expensive, it is an investment in your time, peace of mind, and it will last YEARS. a Mistking alone will also suffice all of your veiled cham needs, USUALLY. For my own peace of mind I also use a dripper that goes during the daytime. This means I manually twist it to the off position in the evening and then turn it to the on position in the morning. When I'm out of town though, and someone else is feeding my little guy, I simply leave it in the on position and it's no big deal. Maybe that person feeding my little guy has to fill it up with water, but who can't do that?

The Mistking starter kit comes with everything you need. It has a timer, the pump, and PLENTY of hose. Pro-tip: if you're starting with a smaller cage and a baby veiled then use as little hose as possible at first to save the longer hose for your cage upgrade later! (I hope that makes sense.) And yes, for a veiled cham age 6 months and older it needs an enclosure 2x2x4 feet! I promise! My veiled was about 5 months old in a smaller enclosure and getting VERY restless and pacing around it, very unhappy colors and I had to quickly get his upgrade together. He's much happier in his 2x2x4.

@ChamQuestions definitely go with the Mistking. It is a total game changer and even though it's a little expensive, it is an investment in your time, peace of mind, and it will last YEARS. a Mistking alone will also suffice all of your veiled cham needs, USUALLY. For my own peace of mind I also use a dripper that goes during the daytime. This means I manually twist it to the off position in the evening and then turn it to the on position in the morning. When I'm out of town though, and someone else is feeding my little guy, I simply leave it in the on position and it's no big deal. Maybe that person feeding my little guy has to fill it up with water, but who can't do that?

The Mistking starter kit comes with everything you need. It has a timer, the pump, and PLENTY of hose. Pro-tip: if you're starting with a smaller cage and a baby veiled then use as little hose as possible at first to save the longer hose for your cage upgrade later! (I hope that makes sense.) And yes, for a veiled cham age 6 months and older it needs an enclosure 2x2x4 feet! I promise! My veiled was about 5 months old in a smaller enclosure and getting VERY restless and pacing around it, very unhappy colors and I had to quickly get his upgrade together. He's much happier in his 2x2x4.
Thanks for all of the input!

I have a veiled and a new baby panther and the settings are similar. My veieled doesn't mean with veggies except for destroying my pothos. Burning the casque should not be a thing if the basking spot is setup correctly and moved down a cording to height .basking should be 8" from light but obviously as the Cham gets bigger that gap closes. Also make sure they have different levels. I'm new to the panther life but they are super sweet so far.

My main question is if a MistKing will pretty much alleviate the extra difficulty (if there is any) in owning a panther. If so, then I will do more research. I hear that chameleons, in general, are difficult though, so I definitely want to get one that I can handle. It's a living creature, after all! I couldn't live with the guilt if it died because of my poor treatment!

Honestly, I would go ahead and get a Mist King or CI misting system because it’s always best to get a better one to begin with and you’ll save in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom