Males vs Females

davemailcall

I was wondering if someone had some pictures of juvenile veiled chams both male and female.

Besides their heads and colorings, I was told that their back legs can also be telling as males often have a little bone spur type thing that is visible.

I thought my cham was a female, but when I took her to the vet, he said there was a good possibility she is a HE! :eek:

If you have a small spir on the back of the feet of the back legs pointing to the tail then it is a male cham. No spir and it is a female. It isn't very big, but it is obvious. Only males have this spir. You can tell this from a very young age (like birth).

Males definitely have the spur, plus more pronounced colouring/striping and a bigger casque- although I guess if you've not got another chameleon to compare her (him?) to... I can see why you'd wonder!

I hear that males also tend to be more aggressive and move around more, but again, all cham personalities are different... I guess I was no help :p

Tygrr...great pictures thanks for the link!

I now know that I definitely have a male! :D The vet was pretty sure he was a boy, but I was sure she was a girl, so my guess is that he just didn't want to argue with me and instead took the diplomatic stand and told me to go look it up myself lol

All this time thinking about gravidity and such. I guess I can remove the bowl.

I officially rename my chameleon from Chloe to Clyde. ;)

Back
Top Bottom