Male?

jeff stampher

i bought a male panther chameleon from chameleons northwest and im not so sure he(?) is a male could you guys help me out?

Attachments

• DSCN1134.jpg
    DSCN1134.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 147
thanks brad

the only reason i worry is because i look at pics of males his age and they all have some sort of green or blue whether it be bars or their background color and apollo (my cham) just has the same coloration ive seen in picks of females.

Can you get some full shots of it? Directly from the side with the tail sticking out but not an underneath view.

Definate male imo...im not an expert but i had a pair we though were 2 femalesone of which i was sure was male and after they left the baby terrarium and were put into larger cages it took 3 weeks total for him to quad in size including his male bulge and his colors are different every day....dont fret females are just as wonderful as the males. what they lack in color they make up for in charm and pattern i have a red f ambilobe and a multi colored f ambilobe they are amazing ladies

Jeff...you've had one post from a moderator...I'd value that above others. If this is an area of concern for you now, maybe solicit opinions from other mods.

I think what needs to be asked is how long you have had it and what is your feeding (gutload and supplement) schedule. His arm looks a bit weird in the second pics but could just be the pics.

Bars and a "hint of green" are no reason for a male:
Based an the color (mostly orange) and the head I would say it is a nice girl, but I´m not sure.

Greetings Peter

I love your first pic... she is beautiful!!!!

I'm not an expert or anything and there have been some chameleons that shock but only basing on colours, looks like a girl to me :)
Mods are always the best option though

Mods are always the best option though

Not necessarily, at least not in my case ...:rolleyes:

I just think the tail base appears a little thick to be a girl, I also trust the judgement/assessment of Sandy and Eliot, I have not seen the animal in person.

-Brad

I usually don't chime in on posts like this one, but in this case I'm going to say female...Only because the photos look itdentical to the male I ordered from Sandy and Elliot which turned out to be female. Not complaining though, she's a great little girl and i love her to death-wouldn't give her up for anything.

Back
Top Bottom